News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Falls, MT July 18-19, Inaugural KD Shoot

Started by peterlandsiedel, July 21, 2015, 12:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

This shoot was an absolute blast. We had 7 local shooters arrive with centerfire rifles, 350+ rounds of ammo, and most importantly, teachable attitudes. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold, and the wind was calm for Great Falls, but still something that shooters had to consider while making the shot.

The Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex is a fantastic host that not only gave us exclusive use of their 600+ yard silhouette range, but also provided lunch (BBQ!) both days. On behalf of myself and Project Appleseed, I'd like to thank the GFFSC for their exceptional hospitality. It's always a pleasure to work with Dave and Keith, and this weekend was no different. Thank you for your hospitality and your sharp wit on the line :)

All of our 7 shooters made great strides in their ability to estimate range and windage, adjust their sights accordingly, and make hits at known distances. I count myself very lucky to have shooters with such great, teachable attitudes.

The weekend was not without a few hiccups though. I learned a lot about to how run a KD shoot, and how to better structure my course of fire for next time. Speaking of next time, there are murmurs of running a two day winter seed shoot sometime this December or January at the GFFSC range. Keep your eyes peeled on the schedule shooters...

As always shooters, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or criticisms, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. Thanks for all your hard work, and for getting off the couch this weekend and bettering yourselves as both shooters and citizens.