News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX July 18, 2015

Started by scuzzy, July 20, 2015, 02:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

It was yet another good shoot at the Central Texas Rifle & Pistol Club.

It was me and Gunner01 doing the instructing. I let Gunner do most of the work since he's getting close to taking the Red Hat.

We had 7 pre-regs, 1 transfer from the June event, and 3 walk ons bring us to 11 shooters for the day.

We didn't give out any patches this weekend but had two of them with a 207 and 208 - close but no cigar. However the shooting did improve substantially. And the award for biggest improvement went to Luke who is 10 y/o. He started the day barely able to hit the targets. But the end of Saturday he was consistently getting good groups. And to top things off he got a the 'square' on the Redcoats target. His little sister, Elizabeth, made good improvements too. While not exactly 'groups' it was still better than at the beginning. And what is better is that towards the end of the day, which was pretty hot and tiring, is that she was still having a blast. I overheard her asking her father 'are we coming out again tomorrow?' The answer was no - it was only a one day event.

Their parents, Jason and Marti, bought Luke and Elizabeth out. Marti made big improvements too. Once she got comfortable things began to fall into place.

We had Russ and Cheryl out again - they are really nice people and a joy to have around. Russ is a rifleman already.

We finally got out 3 of the club members - they are no going to work on getting more people out. Thanks for coming out Brian, Dustin, and Richard.

And Dan, Weezer's better half, was out with us too. Another rifleman there.

I only saw one safety issue. Elizabeth made what was a minor sweep. After that Dad kept an eye on her and we were good to go.

And the best part was the final Redcoat of the day. We had 5 of 11 shooters hit the 250 yard 'square.' There was only 1 square hit in the morning.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.