News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD July 18 - 1 Day Event

Started by Eroyle, July 18, 2015, 07:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eroyle

Annapolis, Maryland - Sizzling Hot, Humid and dodging some thunderstorms, other than that an awesome day.    13 shooters came out to learn more about Marksmanship and American History.

We started slowly with several firing a rifle for the first time but we quickly recovered after the lunch break.  Flint Locke delivered the First and Third Strikes while Monkey enthusiastically delivered the Second.  Monkey joined the Maryland Crew from Virginia Beach, VA (a haul to Annapolis) and I must say Sir, you are an outstanding Instructor.  Thank you for joining us for the event and you are Welcome anytime.    The shooters were attentive to the Three Strikes and the youngsters were asking questions. 

We had one Riflemen re-qualify, John H. (219, 212) and one new Rifleman Andrew P. (210).  Andrew also cleaned the Red Coats!  HUZZAH!   Many shooters are knocking at the door and showed progress throughout the day.

Maryland Instructor Team, you guys are awesome!  MattW IIT0 called the line in the afternoon and did an outstanding job.  Monkey, Thanks again for joining us and working with Susan.  Susan was shooting a Rifle for the first time and showed steady improvement throughout the day.  Thank you ABCGarand, WhyWon, and Flint Locke for your support and instruction.  Everyone had an enjoyable experience and most importantly safe.  Several students made comments about how safe the event was and they felt comfortable.

John H. has  accepted an Orange Hat and Nicholas H. a Blue Hat.  HUZZAH!  Thank you gentleman and I look forward to working with you soon.

To all the students thank you for a great event!  We hope to see you at another Appleseed event soon and bring a friend, co-worker or family member.  Remember to "Like" us on Facebook - Project Appleseed Maryland.

Please checkout Project Appleseed Maryland Facebook page for pictures.

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

Monkey

Glad I could make it out last Saturday - a fun and especially rewarding experience for me!

Susan, I hope that you come out again.  Your skills progressed steadily throughout the day, and with practice, you'll be a Rifleman in no time!  Thanks for reminding me, by the way, of the distance between lateral and distal...

Sharif...it was a pleasure to watch you shoot.   ;D ;)

Looking forward to working with the MD team again!

All the Best,
Monkey

Edit: Inner grammar Nazi
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham