News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sharpshooters USA Roswell GA July 12 One-Day Event

Started by American Savage, July 14, 2015, 02:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Savage

Wow, what a wonderful event it turned out to be!!!

I want to thank each of the shooters and the Instructor cadre for making this one of my personally most memorable events. This event had some tough
challenges to work through from the start. 16 shooters, 5 youth shooters and a total of 8 shooters who self evaluated at a skill level of 2 or lower. Given
this experience level combined with only 8 lanes on the range dictated the use of relays. The shooters easily adapted to the line commands and
everyone responded in such a great way that the shoot was one of the most smoothly flowing events I have seen to date.

The credit for this lies directly with the shooters themselves and the Instructor support.
Safety was impeccable  with no shots broken after a cease fire. Muzzle awareness and discipline by the shooters was some of the best I have ever seen
anywhere.

Though I was not able to bequeath a Rifleman patch at this event, the improvement as shown by the Red Coat COF at the end of the day said it all.
Everyone improved, and as a group the improvement was amazing.

The combination of shooter self-discipline, safety, shooters brining a teachable attitude, and just general awsomeness made this one of my most
memorable events in Appleseed to date; as a shooter or as an Instructor. It was an honor to be your SBit, and a more wonderful experience and memory
could not be asked for.

Don, Free, Jim, and Dr. John were always a step ahead, but, the shooters were usually 2 steps ahead and the pace and flow of the event bore that out.

One could not ask for a better host or a better facility than Sharpshooters USA and our host and their facility made the event both comfortable and
convienient. (You have got to love an indoor Air Conditioned range in Georgia in the summer !!!) Working with Don and Mathew at Sharpshooters USA
could not have gone any more smoothly or easily. And a special thanks to all of the shooters who pitched in to help clean the classroom and the range!

I wish both Glen and Chris (the two best people prepared for a flat tire in the world) the best on their trip to Ramseur and I have to admit I am a touch
jealous that I will not be able to go myself.

Morgan 1, Morgan 2, James, Andrew and Dylan you guys just rocked! Way to go and great muzzle control and fire discipline (not shooting after the "C" in
Cease Fire! Each of you should be commended you all did a really great job.

I really could not have asked for a better event, and that is all do to the shooters first and foremost and the instructors who supported us,
Thanks,
Lt. K (jim)

American Savage

some pics of the event

American Savage

some more pics

American Savage

more pics

DrJohn

I agree with LtK that this was one of the best groups of students ever...great improvement in marksmanship as the day went on, excellent safety, lots of spirited questions and comments, especially on the Story of April 19, 1775. For those who feel that they were unable to drink sufficiently from the "fire hose" of instruction, you may wish to download a free marksmanship pamphlet at "BecomingRiflemen.wordpress.com". Also remember that Appleseed is hosting an Actual Distance centerfire only event at Graben River Farm on Sept. 12-13, and any number of regular Appleseed events between now and the end of the year, both indoor and outdoor, single day and two day. Although the intent of the instructors was to give each and every student some individual attention, some may feel they did not get quite enough. This was entirely unintentional and we ask your indulgence and understanding. You were one of the best groups of Appleseed students ever and we enjoyed and we were honored to be able to be with you. I hope we have the pleasure to see you again soon, and may Liberty increase forever!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....