News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek, Michigan July 18 & 19, 2015

Started by Graywolf, July 14, 2015, 12:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

Wow did we have a hot time at the Appleseed in Battle Creek.  The temps rose into the 90's on Saturday and we had a severe thunderstorm roll through that left in its wake some of the muggiest weather we've had in a long time.  Our shooters hung in there though and we had a great time.  We had first time shooters, young shooters, and experienced shooters on the line and they ruled.

Congrats to Joe on scoring Rifleman (211) and for taking an Orange Hat as well.  Sherry was knocking on the door with scores of 190's.  Olivia made huge strides as the youngest shooter on the line and really brought her groups together.  Ken, Kellie, Eric, Jake and Eric did well too.   Hang in there, guys!   All in all a great time of marksmanship, history, and fellowship.

Thank to you the instructors who turned out for this event.  You all worked very hard and your efforts were greatly appreciated.

I know there were lots of pictures taken, so let's post 'em up.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Rascal21

Sorry it's taken a few days. Trying to get caught up.

Thank you all for spending the weekend with us at the Battle Creek Sportsman's Club. I hope that you all had a great event. Congratulations to Bhato (Joe) on both shooting rifleman and taking an orange hat, welcome to the cadre. Sherry, you are so close, keep working at it, and if you can make Manistee, trust your NPOA and go for it :) Eric, great job on Saturday, followed up by Greg who did an amazing job of catching up on Sunday in your place. Kellie, we missed you on Sunday, but you made some great progress on Saturday, hope to see you out there again soon. Jake, you made some seriously great improvement over the weekend. hang in there. Ken, you've got this, just relax and let it happen. And Olivia, I am so proud of you, not only did you shrink your groups, but you had enough courage to get on the line with the M1 Garand and actually try it. You made my weekend sweetie!!!

Okay, now that I am done rambling, on with the pictures :) which is what you are all looking for. They are all up on our FB page, so feel free to give us a like so that you can see our upcoming events and photos from other shoots we are holding.

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganProjectAppleseed

D.O.M.

It looks like a fabulous event! Love that "Garand Grin"  :~
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73