News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, Gibsonburg, Ohio Appleseed

Started by Blindman, July 12, 2015, 10:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

What an incredible weekend, Myself, Cadence, and IIT's Third degree and Headhunter (on Saturday) and WhiteKnight (on Sunday, with greatly appreciated help on Saturday) met the Mo family. CS Mo, a returning rifleman brought his daughter and son to experience the wonders of Appleseed themselves.
  Saturday was a pleasant day of shooting, with the Mo's displaying exemplary safe handling skills and a willingness to learn. Ending with Callie (hereafter noted by her rifleman name, "Calli-ber" gaining her patch with a respectable 218 score.
   Sunday began with a dreary morning capped by rainstorm, but the shooters were not deterred and AQT's were perforated. After lunch, and some rousing stories of Dangerous Old Men, the day was abbreviated by an imposing thunderstorm which, for safety sake, closed down the shootings events for the day.
More to come, I am sure.
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Cadence

Although the group size was small, They all had previous Appleseed experience with CS already having his rifleman's patch. The MO family was great and since we had a small experienced group, we shooting AQT's by noon. This all translates to Mo shooting and Mo fun! **)

Congratulations to Callie for getting her patch on Saturday - especially since Sunday got cut short due to lighting in the area.
Conrad -  keep working on the basics and you will continue to improve.

Some pics posted below
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

DrRichP

Great job! Kudos to our crew and congratulations to out rifleman!  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

randoma

Thanks to all the hats attending! We really appreciated the individualized instruction!

Callieber shot a 328/400 at the Camp Perry Rifle SAFS. A significant increase over her 259/400 from 2014!  ;D

I failed, yet again, to score high enough for EIC leg points, but I did dramatically increase my sitting rapid score. Thanks to Appleseed practice!

Cadence

I feel your pain!! Last year I had a miss on my last shot offhand  :-[  that kept me from getting leg points.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams