News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine , WI; July 11 & 12 , 2015 KD shoot

Started by JoeZ, July 12, 2015, 10:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

I'm honored to have been part of this event, this exercise in American heritage. All centerfire rifles, full distance AQT's, some 500 yard work, even some unknown distance work, and did I mention all centerfires. I think we almost hit 300 rounds (per shooter) down range! 6 full distance AQT's each. Of the 16 shooters, 5 scored rifleman at full distance.

Thank God for the time and weather, thanks to the RWVA for the supplies and communication (forum), thanks to all the instructors for the help, thanks to the Racine County Line Rifle Club for the use of their excellent facility, and finally thanks to the shooters who all choose to spend their time with us. The freedom to peacefully assemble like this is really under appreciated and under utilized  IMHO, but we took full advantage of it here.

Pics to follow,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

ahhshoot

What a fun weekend (even while being sick). I learned a lot about KD Appleseeding. Thanks Joe, for the good ideas and the bad. O0
The past is only the future with the lights on.

ahhshoot

The past is only the future with the lights on.

Laredo

What an amazing weekend.  The weather was better than perfect (unusual for Racine).  To all the instructors that worked the shoot and the pits - THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING WEEKEND!!

I learned a lot, shot a lot, and got to spend time with friends and family.  It was great meeting some instructors that, up till this weekend, I only knew via the forums.  It was great getting a charge of inspiration and appreciation for our heritage.  Discussions of Washington's crossing of the Delaware caused me to really connect to how our way of life was won by real sacrifice and the will to fight when everything pointed to utter failure.  I questioned myself at that moment.  Would I have had that will?  When I go to the winter-seeds,  I am often cold even with my winter boots and toe warmers...  Would I have crossed the Delaware during that winter storm... with no socks or even shoes...  to rush the Hessian's when all odds were against me?  Would I carry on? 

I am left with reverence and gratitude for those that fought for this country.  I owe it to them to be a responsible, active, and involved citizen.

Wait!!  What???  Chewy - wrong KD!

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

2 clicks low

Much thanks to JoeZ, Coly Cat, Trigger Nick, Janir, AhhShoot and the rest.

This was a weekend of instruction. Even a SB from under the cheddar curtain can learn a thing or twelve from these great instructor. Thanks for the knowledge, instruction and service.

I will return.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Kiwimonster

Thanks Joe Z, and all the instructors. When I'm at an Appleseed event, even though I've only been around a short time, I feel like I'm with family. What a great organization! I have been awakened from a deep slumber. I see the importance of my involvement in this country. Locally and nationally. The instruction was more than I could expect. I learned a lot this weekend. Thanks again.
By the way Joe Z, I'm working on those Kiwi targets for you. :--- :--- :---
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd
Apr. 18-19 2015  Rifleman
July 11-12 2015 KD Rifleman

Leadlined

Thanks to everyone who worked to run such a great event.  From spotting to pointers to the dedicated pit crew, it was a well-run event top to bottom with a helpful and happy crew.  I'm a lot more familiar with my centerfire rifle now, although not a KD Rifleman...yet.  Hard to get that without rounds downrange, so this was great. 

To whoever brought the steel targets, hitting that from 500 yards out with a 3x optic was the highlight of the weekend for me.  There's nothing like having a senior instructor say, "you might not have enough magnification for this", spotting you anyway, and both of you grinning when that steel rings.   :---

See you next appleseed!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

DrRichP

I received this from RCLRC Board Member John Lathrop:

Re: Project Appleseed at RCLRC

I came by to pull targets and see how event was going on July 12th and was very happy. Many happy shooters enjoying perfect weather in a very safe learning environment!! we need more events like this.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy