News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kearneysville, WV 7-11-15 One Day Event

Started by navybowhunter, July 11, 2015, 08:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navybowhunter

This was a great event!

One new Rifleman, Daniel P: 214!  Huzzah!

Many thanks once again to the Leetown Rod/Gun Club for being such a gracious host to us.  Special thanks to the range rep, BruceinWV for being there early as always to meet the instructors, and having the target frames for us to utilize.  A VERY special thanks for the Panera Bagels and the Hot Coffee!  Thanks Bruce, was a very nice touch.  I will contact our State Coordinator, and look to get your club a Revolutionary War Flag Set if your club would be interested in hanging them in your clubhouse?  Let me know.

MANY thanks to the consummate professional crew of instructors from both the WV side and the MD side that "Got off the couch" today to wake up "Sleeping Americans".  I am confident that we achieved our mission!  Never in my experience as an instructor have I had such an engaged audience during the telling of the "True Story of our War for Independence"!  That was refreshing to me as both an American and also an RWVA Instructor.

9 shooters showed up this morning.  The AM Redcoats were not bad, but we knew instantly what we needed to work on.  Steady Hold Factors, 6 steps of Firing that shot, and NPOA.  I am confident that a few lightbulbs were turned on (or replaced) today.  EVERYONE improved, do not let that PM Redcoat count fool ya.  It was HOT and people were getting tired.  We fit EVERYTHING into a 1 day event not an easy task.  We neglected to instruct KD and Ball and Dummy.  Time Management stuff.

Congratulations to Daniel P!  RIFLEMAN! 

Ryan C is knocking on that door, as is Sam K (Double A Ron's son).  I know it will happen for you both on your next event.

DRY FIRE!

7th step stuff, lets fill the line at this next event! 

Great way to spend a day with some dedicated Americans, and it was AWESOME for me to see "light bulbs" turn on during the telling of the TRUE story of 19 April 1775!

Make it your lifelong goal, that someday someone will say about you that "He/She Knew EXACTLY what they were about"!

HUZZAH and was a great time.  Hope to see you all again on a Project Appleseed line in the very near future!  The future is as bright or DIM as we WE make it!   

Here are some pics of the event:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CfjZVbXVVY3I0bU9ZOU1kbkxQR2VPdmdFYUpNVDNlX01LU2c4alB3dU1yek0&usp=sharing

R/
Chris

Bruce in WV

Good morning navybowhunter,

It has been a pleasure watching you run successful Appleseeds at Leetown as the Shoot Boss. I appreciate your concerns for safety and the training syllabus, of course, but even more, I appreciate the spirit you bring to the training. I am a firm believer in your message, have been ever since I put my right hand up in 1964, and am honored to be able to help bring Appleseed back to WV.

I would be pleased to present the membership a set of the flags on your behalf as a reminder of why we're doing this project. I will provide a shipping address if you wish to pursue this offer and send them to the club.

BruceinWV