News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gurley, AL, 11 July 2015 (One Day Event)

Started by Maximum Ordinate, July 11, 2015, 07:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

What a great day to spend with Appleseed.

Was it hot?  Oh yes.  95 degrees.

Was it humid?  Oh yes.  Dripping sweat.

Was it awesome?  OH YEAH!

This one-day shoot at Haven Farm in Gurley, Alabama was open only to prior Appleseeders.  EddieB, AR-Mike, Living Hand, DianaC, and I got stuff set up.  With a streamlined course of fire, we started the day early with a review of sling use, NPOA, positions, Six Steps, and finally Safety - then it was rifles to the line.  Despite heat and humidity and brass burns and insects and sweat and noise... EVERY shooter had a great attitude.  They all came with their A-Games and teachable attitudes.  These shooters were hungry to do well and were ready to learn and grow.

The focus today was one-on-one coaching and it was exciting to see all the shooters learn and get better.  Our first Riflemen of the day were Gus and Walt with scores of 223 and 210 respectively!  Walt learned all about icy cold North Bridge Water!

At lunch, we broke out a deck of Appleseed playing cards and we took turns sharing bits of history about April 19th, 1775.  It was heartwarming to see a couple of people conquer their obvious fear of speaking in public.  If nothing else happened today, I would have called this a huge victory.   :)

But... more was to come.  Lots more!

We jumped into a few more AQTs.  Our fantastic Applecore showed everyone how it was done with a solid 216.  On the last AQT of the day, Terri earned her patch.  This was awesome to see as she had attended EIGHT Appleseed events and persisted in her efforts.  HUZZAH!!!!

Finally, at the end of the day... the shoot boss found some hats in his box.  I guess a few folks needed new headgear and a bucket... so we handed them out.  Congrats to Terri, Walt, Gus, and Jeffrey (previous Rifleman) to heard the call to help serve.  I'm very proud of each of you.

This was a fantastic day and it was a pleasure to serve each and every one of you today.  Thank you for the opportunity.

-Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

GTEngineer

Congratulations to Terri, Walt, Gus, and Jeff!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

EddieB

What an inspiring day!  An enthusiastic group of shooters willing to give it their best in spite of the scorching summer day.  Four new Rifleman and four new Orange Hats!!! Just incredible.  A lot of the other shooters were very close, so persist on and you'll get there.

Down the Line

Walt finds out how cold North Bridge water is after scoring 210!

Gus made Rifleman with an impressive 223!

Diana earned her Rifleman Patch with a score of 216!

Persistence paid off for Terri when she shot that 210!

Four Patriots stepped forward to take a hat: Terri, Gus, Jeff, and Walt.

Rusty with the new Orange Hats and Riflemen:  Terri, Gus, Jeff, Walt, and Diana.

More photos:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/Gurley%20AL%20July%2011%202015?sort=3&page=1

GlockMike

Kudos to Team Alabama for an awesome event!  This was my third event and as always, I learned or relearned alot!  Great instruction, history, comraderie and fun.  Highly recommend these events as a way to rekindle the spark!  Thanks for a great day, Rusty!

T.J. 8

I wanted to give a big thanks to all the Appleseed instructors! Y'all are the best! Thanks You!
Terri

Living Hand

With particular thanks to the shooters, this was certainly one of my favorite events ever.  It was my honor to serve you!

For those of you who have taken a Hat, please get back on the line soon.  Those prospective RIflemen - who were shooting next to you - Can use your coaching to attain that level of skill.  Not to mention all those others that have yet to receive the Appleseed message!

I look forward to working with all of you again as shooters or as instructors.  Until next time...
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

Pop Revere

Good call Rusty. The one day format was awesome. O0
Good to see old some friends and make new ones. I hope to see all of you again soon.
I am so happy and proud of Gus, Walt, Terri, and Diana for earning their patch and along with Jeff for accepting Orange Hats. Thank You for helping to grow the program and save our country.
Some of you were really close to qualifying so please don't give up.
Till next time ...

In Liberty,
AR-Mike
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022