News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Enfield No.4

Started by Longbow14, July 08, 2015, 10:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longbow14

does anyone use an enfield to shoot at events? I have one (sporterized) that i use for hog hunting, but i'd love to pick up a second one in full dress for an event. I personally prefer the look of the no.1s but the peep sight on the no.4 is a huge plus. I'd love a springfield or an american rifle but for the cost of a 10/22 and a few mags i can pick up an enfield and run that sweet action and 10 round magazine with a pile of chargers/ stripper clips. Proof that i'm not making it up  O0

Fred

I agree with you on the looks, altho you can learn to like the looks of the No. 4, once you shoot it a bit. :)

Try for the No. 4 Mk1* or the No. 4 Mk 2 as they have an improved trigger worth any extra. And either should come with the click-adjustment for elevation on the rear sight.

I'd think the fly in the ointment for use at an AS is the 350 or more rounds of ammo - .303 Brit isn't that easy to find.

Still, for the long range portion of an AS, it would be a great rifle! And if you have the ammo, it'll do just as well at 25m.

Glad you're planning to come to an AS. You have something to look forward to... O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Longbow14

I can find some decent surplus stuff, though hard to find locally the privi ammo is still less than a "dollar a holler". I'm debating going in on a bulk order with a few folks. I agree though getting enough ammo would be more expensive than 223.

sluggo

I love the No4's especially the Long Branch- This is not mine  but I have one just like, and a Savage No4 as well.
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt

Kosciusko

The good old days, not that long ago, #4s were all over for under $100.  Irish contract  rifles still in the mummy wrap were $150. 

there are some excellent target sights out there

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/parkerhalerearsighttargmatchforno4enfield.aspx

BD

A few years ago, I attended an Appleseed with my Mauser back before I became an instructor.
There was another guy there with an SMLE and the two of us made quite a racket over the weekend banging away with 8mm and .303 side by side.
Memories....
Up the Republic