News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston ID, July 4 & 5 2015

Started by Rizzin, July 08, 2015, 03:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzin

Wow, what a great weekend. Thanks to shooters, Terry, Katy, Jacob and Max (and their dad Mike) and instructors Journey and Theophilus for coming to Lewis Clark Wildlife Club to allow us an opportunity to tell our story.

Congrats to Terry for his back to back Rifleman scores on Sunday  ..:..
Katy sorry the heat so got to you that you were unable to shoot on Sunday

Jacob and Max where such a treasure to have on the line. Seeing shooters so young yet so eager to learn and doing so with fantastic results is what it is all about.

Sadly I did not have my camera this weekend so I have to rely on others to post pictures if we can get any.

Journey

This was an awesome weekend for me, as well.

The weather was quite warm, and a broken air conditioner in the clubhouse meant there was little relief for us. However, we had a great group of shooters and instructors, and a great host range at the LCWC (thanks for the burgers, Bob)!

The instructor to student ratio allowed for some great instruction of our young shooters, Max and Jacob. I'll echo Rizzin and just add that their results after two days of instruction were remarkable. Their attention to instruction (over two long, hot days no less) and persistence as they overcame obstacles (including unfamiliar equipment that was prone to malfunctions) was commendable. Also thank you Mike for bringing them out and learning alongside of them.

Great job on the Rifleman scores, Terry! Katy, thanks for coming back on Sunday and continuing to learn, even if you couldn't shoot. I hope to see you both again at future shoots in the region.

I didn't think to take any photos, either.

I look forward to working the next shoot here in September.