News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Grand Union Flag

Started by Engineer shooting, July 06, 2015, 10:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/381914/forgotten-flag-american-revolution-and-what-it-means-daniel-hannan

The American colonists' "Continental Colours", or Grand Union Flag, was first hoisted on the colonial warship USS Alfred, in the harbor on the western shore of the Delaware River at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on December 3, 1775, by newly-appointed Lieutenant John Paul Jones of the formative Continental Navy. The event had been documented in letters to Congress and eyewitness accounts. The flag was used by the American Continental Army forces as both a naval ensign and garrison flag throughout 1776 and early 1777.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Fred

Good post! Interesting read. Thanks for making it! O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

TheMenace

Daniel Hannan gets "it." Someone should invite him to an Appleseed Event. I bet he could add a thing or two to the Three Strikes.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Engineer shooting

Quote from: TheMenace on July 06, 2015, 08:17:30 PM
Daniel Hannan gets "it." Someone should invite him to an Appleseed Event. I bet he could add a thing or two to the Three Strikes.

I sent him a PM!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata