News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA JUNE 27-28, 2015 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 01, 2015, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Temps were on the hot side for the area.  Close to 100 both days.

This goes down in the books as one of the funnest Appleseed events ever.

9 students began the weekend Saturday, including probably the youngest I've ever had on my line, 6 yrs old. He brought his grandpa with him. :)

We began Saturday with the safely briefing as always. The first Red Coat was telling us that we had some serious shooters on our line.

As we began the instruction that became more and more clear.  These folks were here to absorb what we taught.  Our youngest shooter was safe on a stack of sand bags, working hard to put the shots in the right place.  Learning the positions as best he could. 

We stopped for lunch and the Strikes.  I have to say I've never had my strike upstaged by a gopher before.... :D....just behind me as I told the 1st strike a gopher was pushing dirt up out of his hole....Ryan, our young shooter, was investigating the gopher and pushing dirt back in the hole....  Needless to say, history was interesting.  We all enjoyed the history and the gopher....

Back on the line and more shooting, stopping only when Ryan had to leave.  I was very proud to give him a Young Patriot's patch. 

The rest of us continued shooting and teaching and learning.  Groups shrank.  AQT scores were very nice. 

We ended the day as always with a Red Coat. 

Jesse and Pasqual were awarded Young Patriot's patches as well.  The youth on our line were very safe and very focused on learning.  It was great to see.

Those who were going to shoot full distance the next day, stayed to help move and set those targets up.

Sunday was cooler with a nice breeze that kept popping up. 

We got started right away with reviews.  Eaglescouter took the two who were shooting full distance and talked about how to make adjustments and other full distance information.

The rest of us continued on with AQT's.  There were some very nice scores...Barry was the closest with a 202, and that was even after a jam cost him several rounds in stage 2.  Just goes to prove that well placed shots work every time!  Barry scored a 98 on stage 4!!!

I do have to mention that Hans scored a 246 on Saturday (a perfect round on stage 4) and 2 rifleman scores on Full Distance.  I didn't get to give him a Rifleman patch because he already has one, and an orange hat, and a full distance patch.  I think Hans has proven that the techniques really work. Great Job!!!

Every one else did a great job.  Keep practicing.  Dry fire.  A bit of range time.  It all pays off. 

Hope to see you all out again.

Thank you for staying and helping with the clean up.

Thank you to my instructors for making this a great event!  I couldn't do it without you.

Your instructors:

Laurie         NorCal22Gal      Shoot Boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Matthew      Scoutcamper
Linda         Ducky

scoutcamper

Pictures!