News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY - June 27-28, 2015

Started by dond, June 30, 2015, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This event began with a big question mark. Much rain had fallen and the range was waterlogged Friday when I arrived to set up the target line. Additional severe stroms were scheduled for that night and it was questionable whether the event could even be held the following day due to possible flooding. Fortunately things worked out very well, even though the ground was still wet and the shooters willingly pitched in to help set up the target and firing lines quickly.

Eleven enthusiastic shooters were on the line and listened intently to the history and marksmanship instructions. Then the shooting began, and more instruction. The four young men, and 7 adults took all of this seriously and did very well. Saturday weather was very acceptable for a summer day but Sunday turned out to be an absolutely perfect day for an Appleseed. And the results were gratifying. One of the young men and one of the adults earned the Riflemen Badge. In fact, the adult earned the Score on every AQT which was shot. He was ecstatic, and so were we. There was also a score of 204. And the shooters showed they understood the KD presentation by universally responding to all the probing questions which were asked. And some of these were rather complicated and required significant thought processes.

Overall it was a great day. I believe all the shooters will return for additional events and at least one promised to bring friends. One has already signed up for the next shoot at this location.

Instructors Living Hand and bluegrasscolonel provided invaluable assistance with both marksmanship and history.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

DrRichP

Great job Don, and congratulations to our new Riflemen! O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Guntuckian

Outstanding!  Glad that there was no flooding!  This can be a problem at this location at times.

Thanks to all who came out and made this a success!

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

BluegrassColonel

It was a joy to participate at this event with DonD and Living Hand.  Sarah does a wonderful job of keeping everything on track as the shooters sign up and go through each day.

I was encouraged by the participation of the shooters and their obvious interest in the marksmanship skill explanations. I was overjoyed to see that every person paid close attention to the Three Strikes of the Match and Dangerous Old Men presentations.  There were nods of agreement, a few watery eyes, and even some applause.  They got it and it was invigorating.

We have a lot to do, and little time in which to do it.  I am convinced, however, that the heart of Liberty beats in the breasts of men and women everywhere in our country. They just need a call to action.

Greg Seneff, Sr.
Bluegrass Colonel
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Living Hand

Congratulations to our Riflemen and a hearty thanks to the youth shooters!  Hope to see you all again on the line.

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

BluegrassColonel

I am attaching some photos taken by Michael Morris of Michael Morris Images.

I hope all of the shooters will come back for another Project Appleseed!

Regards,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
Bluegrass Colonel
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.