News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS June 27-28, 2015

Started by dart67eb, June 28, 2015, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Another wonderful Appleseed at the Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club in Como, MS.  We were blessed with fine 80 something degree weather after the week's earlier 105 degree heat index.  I can't say enough about our attendees.  Three Riflemen and many knocking on the door!  I know many of these folks will be back and others want to see Appleseeds closer to home.  Thanks to Eddieb and Mudtrunks for their fine instruction - without them, I'd be lost.  I thought my trusty Appleseed camera (the old one...the only one my wife lets me bring) died, but it was just full.  I'll post the pic that I took and thanks to Eddieb and his camera, there will be more.  Huzzah to all!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Rustygun

Thanks to Ebben the Shoot Boss, EddieB, and Mudtrunks we all had a large time at Appleseed this weekend! It was the first Appleseed for all of us in my little group. We had two teenage ladies with us. One had a pretty good firearm background and the other had never fired a gun until earlier this year. They both shot some respectable scores and learned a lot. They will be back to earn their Rifleman patch in the fall. They are really fired up for the next Appleseed. Frankly I was humbled by the difficulty level involved in shooting Rifleman, but after a few lucky shots on one of my last AQTs did make Rifleman before I ran out of ammo. My buddies both had a great time and will be back as well.

Thanks again to our Instructors for making this event happen. I have been shooting since I was a wee lad but learned a whole lot at Appleseed.

Rustygun

EddieB

We had a great time reflecting on our heritage and honing marksmanship skills.  Folks in Mississippi know how to shoot!  I had a wonderful time with a great group of people, and I am glad they came out to help bail water. 

Charlie was our first Rifleman of the day.  Huzzah!

Charlie cooling off with water from the North Bridge after he shot that 210!

Carl earned his Rifleman patch with a very respectable score of 231!

David stuck it out to the very end and walked away as a Rifleman with a score of 232!

Shoot Boss Ebben discusses KD on Sunday after lunch.

See more photos at this link:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/Como%20MS%20June%2027%202015

csellers

Thanks so much to our instructors for some great training. It was great and our teachers were more than patient with us all.
I will do this again!!

dart67eb

I'm going to change the Sept Appleseed from a KD to a regular one.  Come on out and earn your Rifleman patches!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.