News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kearneysville, WV 6-27-15

Started by navybowhunter, June 27, 2015, 05:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navybowhunter

This was a 1 day shoot, and I must first thank the MD instructors who woke up at 4am, to get on the road with hazardous driving conditions to answer the call. 

Weather was awful, wet and rainy.  Many thanks to Double A Ron for setting up a canopy on the line for our two shooters.  SWO (Robert) and Samuel.  Those two shooters persisted thru the weather.  SWO is a rifleman, he made it last week here in MD and showed up to request an Orange Hat!  HUZZAH to SWO, you are a very welcome asset to this dynamic team of Maryland Instructors.  I look forward to working more with you in the near future.

2 of our 4 registered shooters cancelled at the last minute.  I decided that the show would still go on as we need to develop our WV instructor Corps so they can at some point be "Self Sufficient".

Every IIT submitted a PC, and was promoted to the next level.  We spent a lot of time on positions, and steady hold factors, IMC and KD.  HOW to teach, is what we worked on.  It went well.  And all of a sudden, the rain was not so bothersome (even when it started to downpour like Forest Gump Rain! 

Many thanks to the club and the Isaac Walton League for hosting us.  A HUGE HUZZAH goes out to BruceinWV, who was there bright and early to open the range gate, and he even had coffee and bagels waiting for us from Panera!  Thanks again Bruce, we appreciate your support to the Project, and I look forward to seeing you again on 11 July.  Hopefully we have more than 4 registrants for that event.

PIMuffy (Kevin) delivered a great IMC presentation in spite of his fear of failure, Glock Gurl (Lisa) found her LINE BOSS voice, and Double A Ron also found his LINE BOSS voice.  USMC 2674 (Tim) was a great help with the steady hold factors.  MVF1776 (Sven) did a great job as well.   I left Sven with the remainder of the shoot box, as I see him becoming the next Shoot Boss in the WV Northern Panhandle soon.  VERY SOON I hope. 

Special thanks to ABCGarand (Andrew) who drove a "fair piece" to back me up.  Andrew, you need to seek out your shoot boss qual.

This is a phenomenal range, and my hope is that the project will take root and grow in this area of WV.  It will take a concerted effort from the WV instructors to make that happen, but I know they are up to the task.  The test will be how full the line is for the next shoot 11 July. 

Again, Bruce I really appreciated your hospitality.  See ya again in July.

Some pictures from the event:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CflhrbTF4a3BFVzY5V1VlRExWN2FHdXVWWUoyRjg4SjBaRXdyWHJPcXdZOHc&usp=sharing

MVF1776