News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas KD/IBC

Started by scuzzy, June 24, 2015, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Quote from: Surveyor1653 on July 23, 2015, 10:22:50 AM
I signed up the other day, but have not received an email confirmation. I'm looking forward to learning from some new faces and wrapping up the rest of my requirements for the Red Hat. Shooting KD won't be bad, either.

I see you on the roster. I've just resent the ticket. Give me a PM and let me know whether or not you get it. It'll be sent to your gmail account.

See you there.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Gugisman

Signed up.

I'm very much looking forward to this event.
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

scuzzy

Quote from: Three'oEight on July 20, 2015, 10:52:09 PM
I'd like to come up, even if it's just for a day. I'll be flying into TX to stay with my Dad, who lives at Canyon Lake, for the month of September. This means I won't have a rifle but I'd be happy to assist as an instructor. My options are to daytrip, using my Dad's old truck (if it's running ok), rent a car for a couple of days or maybe even hitchhike with someone from the San Antonio area. If I could manage to find crash space, I might be willing to stay the weekend, depending on the logistics of getting there and back. If anyone from S.A. is going and wouldn't mind dropping by Sattler on the way, please PM me. It'd be awesome to meet some of my AS brethren from my home state.

If you'd like to drive to Lampasas from Canyon Lake (about 1.5-2.0 hrs) you can ride with me to Waco (about 2.0 hrs from Lampasas). And man do I know about old trucks - I cross my fingers every time I go somewhere more than an hour from home.

I'll camp out that weekend in Waco. I'm sure I can get some camping gear for you. I'll leave Friday and be back in Lampasas on Sunday evening.

Quote from: Gugisman on July 29, 2015, 02:00:56 PM
Signed up.

I'm very much looking forward to this event.

Me too.

308LIBERTY

Thanks for the offer Scuzzy. I think I'll take you up on the offer for camping gear at least. There's still time to figure out travel plans, even if I end up renting a car from New Braunfels. Look forward to seeing you there.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

floydf

As an FYI, this event registration is NOT showing up either in the Appleseed Schedule or the IBC schedule.  To sign up, please use the link below.

Quote from: scuzzy on July 20, 2015, 12:43:31 PM
The Waco IBC is now official. It's scheduled for Sept 18-20, 2015.

September 18 is optional since that is a Friday. I'll be at the range Friday so I don't have to drive down early Saturday morning. If anybody plans on coming out Friday please let me know so I can setup a few things. Also there is camping available and a few RV hookups with electricity.

Register here:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/waco-tx-appleseed-instructor-ibckd-september-18-20-2015-tickets-17784305336

This is event is free to instructors. Right now it has a capacity of 10. This is so that if more people need to register they can contact me to bump up the capacity. This is being done since if more than 10 people sign up we'll need to work on the KD range to add backers, etc.

There is a donate area on the registration page. If you can help that would be good since we are going to fly DrRich down from Wisconsin to do the event. If you can't help out that is OK too.

Please register early if you plan on coming so we'll know whether or not we have to buy supplies for the KD portion of the event and setup the KD range.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Gugisman

I'll arrive on Friday, and I'd like to camp on site. I can provide camping gear if someone needs something. I have room for a passenger too. I'm leaving from Ponder TX.
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

NJrefugee

Gugisman -- If you still have room for a passenger, I'd really appreciate a lift.  I live in Fairview, but can have the wife drop me off at a place convenient to your route to Waco.  I'll take Friday off, so timing is very flexible.  Please let me know.

Thanks.

Gugisman

I've got room. 940-597-4487
― Samuel Adams

DrRichP

Surveyor1653 you're on the registration list. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Quote from: Surveyor1653 on July 23, 2015, 10:22:50 AMI signed up the other day, but have not received an email confirmation. I'm looking forward to learning from some new faces and wrapping up the rest of my requirements for the Red Hat. Shooting KD won't be bad, either.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

A-lister

Sorry Scuzzy I have the JOB that weekend and am using most of my vacation for the next 3 shoots at FBG. Maybe next time.  :'(
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Only a week left to register for our IBC and KD event in Waco, TX. We are almost Sold Out.

We hope to see you there with us: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/waco-tx-appleseed-instructor-ibckd-september-18-20-2015-tickets-17784305336
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Mackey Morgan

OK, it seems as though "the stars have aligned" and I am able to shoe-horn this in, sort of. Anybody willing to share a hotel room and split the cost? I haven't camped in many years, so I'm uncertain whether I have a serviceable tent, or not. Also, I am not sure what time I can get there on Friday, as I am flying back to Dallas on Friday. And I'll likely need time to pack my gear on Friday, as well. I'll round up what I can before heading to the airport in a few minutes. I find navigating this forum unwieldy, so if you wish to contact me, I'd prefer either email or phone:
b1rdd0g@charter.net
940-536-5581

Mackey Morgan

Well, friends, I'm out for this weekend. My project took a hit, today, and I'm going to have to try and regain some lost ground over the weekend. I am extremely disappointed. I'll miss meeting some of the folks I don't know and spending time with some of you that I already know. Hopefully this won't be a one time opportunity.

308LIBERTY

I had an excellent time in TX this weekend, met men and women of outstanding character and sincerely appreciate the hospitality. Here are the group photos taken just a few hours ago near Crawford TX. Congrats, Michael Joe on earning the KD patch. Hope to see that red hat on your head next time around.

Dwight (Three'oEight)
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on September 23, 2015, 06:44:48 PM
Good looking group!

Man - are we looking at the same pics? Them's some dog ugly people. Except for Rachel that is.

Actually some of the finest people I know. And thanks Three'oEight for the pics. I liked your IMC deal with the angles. And thanks Rich for coming down. Who would have thought Yankees was alright? It was a pleasure to meet you.

Gives me hope for this country.

308LIBERTY

While my boots are back in FL and my funny southern accent may come and go, I left my cowboy hat hanging on the wall at Canyon Lake along with a part of my soul. Thanks for making my Texas trip special and I look forward to coming back next year. Hope you enjoy the rest of these photos: