News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas KD/IBC

Started by scuzzy, June 24, 2015, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Let's try this again. Didn't get a whole lot of response previously about doing an IBC.

Is there interest in an IBC? And possibly to sweeten the deal through in an Instructor KD?

This would be held in Waco, TX.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

DrRichP

I love Texas, my former home, so I am interested. I'd be willing to come shoot boss the IBC/KD event.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

scuzzy

Quote from: DrRichP on June 24, 2015, 04:40:55 PM
I love Texas, my former home, so I am interested. I'd be willing to come shoot boss the IBC/KD event.

Former home? LOL - no wonder I love you like a brother. And here I was thinking you were from New Joisey.

DrRichP

Quote from: scuzzy on June 24, 2015, 05:17:43 PMFormer home? LOL - no wonder I love you like a brother. And here I was thinking you were from New Joisey.

Yes, originally from NJ, heart in Texas. I was transplanted to the suburbs of Houston (Pearland). I still miss good barbeque, good Tex-Mex, and great people!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Two Wolves

Make sure there is no conflict with the FBG shoot schedule, Pecos or Zombie and I'll be there. A number of the FBG crew would probably attend. I assume your talking central Texas area?  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

scuzzy

Quote from: Two Wolves on June 24, 2015, 05:51:09 PM
Make sure there is no conflict with the FBG shoot schedule, Pecos or Zombie and I'll be there. A number of the FBG crew would probably attend. I assume your talking central Texas area?  :cool2:

I'll make sure to set a date so all you guys can get out too. It's been way too long since I last you all y'all.

Kinda awaiting to see if we can get some type of interest in all this. I think we can get some people out and  also hopefully revitalize AS in Texas.

Two Wolves

Scuzzy, I can't make July 24, 25, 26.  I know, it gets complicated. BTW, thanks for the artwork files.  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Weezer

My schedule magically freed up this summer, so I'm game.  I can make July or August - even September if we go out that far.   I could really use an IBC - as a fairly new Orange Hat I feel like I'm more of a hindrance than a help on the line at this point.   :)

DrRichP - where in NJ are you from?   My husband is an NJ native and I lived there for 10 years.  We ran to Texas as fast as we could.   :)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Mackey Morgan

I don't know what, exactly, to expect from an IBC, but I'm interested. I'd be even more interested if I could attempt a KD with my new bolt gun.

MJoe

I'm interested in an IBC.  My weekends are a bit unpredictable for scheduling.   Let me know when the dates are and I'll see if I can make it.

How many days do you think this would be?   Will this be over a weekend only or are there some week days involved?

-Michael

scuzzy

An IBC is defined as "An IBC concentrates on teaching Instructors and potential instructors how to teach at an Appleseed. The emphasis is on how to teach - not how to shoot. Each student at an IBC should already know the fundamentals of how to shoot. An IBC teaches how to instruct others, and how to tell the story of the Three Strikes."

I was hoping to throw a KD for instructors in too - working on a good area right now in Waco. That would get more instructors out and I need to refresh on that anyhow.

Normally an IBC runs 3 days. However we're flexible so a 2 day on a weekend may well work. Or make it a 3 day, Fri-Sun, with Friday optional.

We wanted to gauge how much interest there is. I'm leaning towards Sept since that would give everybody plenty of time to plan but I'm willing to do just about any date.

Weezer

Scuzzy - are we able to do any weekend at the range or are there blackout dates?    That is, should we talk to Gunner01 and get a couple of dates for availability and have people start thinking about a more specific plan?

Also, how many attendees do we need to move forward with the IBC?
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

LawDog

I have also spread the word to the Louisiana krewe and directed them to this thread.
LD

geeck

I'm at Camp Perry from July 17 - July 26 but I'd be interested if the dates worked out.

drip drop

I am interested, and will attend if it fits my schedule.  I know there are instructors coming up that would benefit from this.  I know the orange hats from the FBG crew would learn a lot, especially to get a perspective besides mine.  I'll leave the scheduling up to people who would get more out of this than me, but I'll do what I can to be there.

Ray

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on June 26, 2015, 03:01:54 PM
Scuzzy - are we able to do any weekend at the range or are there blackout dates?    That is, should we talk to Gunner01 and get a couple of dates for availability and have people start thinking about a more specific plan?

Also, how many attendees do we need to move forward with the IBC?

Not sure on dates. Myself - I will make time regardless of what date we pick. I want to set a date that works for the people that are replying to this post. It's starting to look like the interest is there. Now to try and set a date. That'll be the hard part. And talking Kevin into getting us out to the really long distance range since I know that'll get even more people out. I'll call him tomorrow when he's not at work.

MandyMonstar

I'd be interested in going, but am held hostage by my work schedule.  Let me know when you pick a date.

Mackey Morgan

I'm interested, but I already have plans for 3-10Sep15.

Surveyor1653

I'm interested. Currently, the 11-13th & 18-20th of September are open for me.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

308LIBERTY

If it's the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Sept, I might be able to come up and visit too.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

scuzzy

We're shooting for the 18-20 of September. That seems to be when most people can make it. I'll try and finalize things this week.

And it looks like we're going to have access to a private range for some KD.

Weezer

Sounds good.   Will talk to the boss and see if we can make it work. 

scuzzy

We now officially have access to a KD range. It is capable of distances further than my rifle will shoot.

Just send a PM to Rich asking if he's still interested.

Two Wolves

Quote from: Two Wolves on June 24, 2015, 05:51:09 PM

Pecos----Sept 19
Fredericksburg Appleseed---Sept 26/27
Zombie----Oct 10
Fredericksburg Appleseed---Oct 17/18

Scuzzy my friend, this is what I'm dealing with.  Best Regards, Two Wolves  :cool2:

pballer2oo7

I would (have) absolutely come to an IBC in Waco. I'm planning on attending one in August.
Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! - I hope you will make a good Use of it. - if you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.

--J. Adams, 1777

scuzzy

The Waco IBC is now official. It's scheduled for Sept 18-20, 2015.

September 18 is optional since that is a Friday. I'll be at the range Friday so I don't have to drive down early Saturday morning. If anybody plans on coming out Friday please let me know so I can setup a few things. Also there is camping available and a few RV hookups with electricity.

Register here:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/waco-tx-appleseed-instructor-ibckd-september-18-20-2015-tickets-17784305336

This is event is free to instructors. Right now it has a capacity of 10. This is so that if more people need to register they can contact me to bump up the capacity. This is being done since if more than 10 people sign up we'll need to work on the KD range to add backers, etc.

There is a donate area on the registration page. If you can help that would be good since we are going to fly DrRich down from Wisconsin to do the event. If you can't help out that is OK too.

Please register early if you plan on coming so we'll know whether or not we have to buy supplies for the KD portion of the event and setup the KD range.

308LIBERTY

I'd like to come up, even if it's just for a day. I'll be flying into TX to stay with my Dad, who lives at Canyon Lake, for the month of September. This means I won't have a rifle but I'd be happy to assist as an instructor. My options are to daytrip, using my Dad's old truck (if it's running ok), rent a car for a couple of days or maybe even hitchhike with someone from the San Antonio area. If I could manage to find crash space, I might be willing to stay the weekend, depending on the logistics of getting there and back. If anyone from S.A. is going and wouldn't mind dropping by Sattler on the way, please PM me. It'd be awesome to meet some of my AS brethren from my home state.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Weezer

Just signed up.   I don't necessarily care about shooting KD - more interested in improving my instructor skills.   However, any excuse to shoot is a good one.    Do you have a rough idea of the schedule yet, Scuzzy?   

DrRichP

I'm in! I signed up to SB the IBC/KD event. Can't wait to get back to Texas, good barbeque, and the best people. ^:)^
DrRichP

Surveyor1653

I signed up the other day, but have not received an email confirmation. I'm looking forward to learning from some new faces and wrapping up the rest of my requirements for the Red Hat. Shooting KD won't be bad, either.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court