News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend July 11/12 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, July 07, 2015, 02:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Long range weather forecast shows 72* and overcast - perfect for Appleseed. Hope to see you on the line.

Kimber Custom

Well another beautiful weekend in Port Townsend. A touch of liquid sunshine Saturday afternoon and it was a little wet during setup this morning but the sun came out and dried everyone out nicely.

We had 4 shooters both days. Mark didn't make it back Sunday but Schoen filled the slot. John and Josh both brought center fires. I thought we might actually get 100% riflemen but alas, it wasn't to be.

Congratulations to Jeanine and Schoen for shooting rifleman scores. Jeanine's low for the weekend was 208 and a high of 231. Schoen got baptized in the waters of North bridge.

Thanks to Jefferson County Sportsman's Association for being such gracious hosts and to the instructor crew who made it all happen. Yankee Terrier, maxwell and bandmask - you guys were great.

Looking forward to our next event in PT Nov 14/15

I'm afraid no pictures at this venue but we had a great time none the less.

maxwell

As Kimber Custom said, Jeannine (aka Mrs. Maxwell) finally shot a rifleman score this last weekend at her 3rd event, now that we fixed the problem with her rear Tech Sight falling off. Given that she outshot me by a wide margin, family opinions are mixed as to whether it's safe to refer to her as a "Dangerous Ol' Woman." Photos of her targets attached as evidence.

Bandmask and I each shot one AQT on Sunday, but I blew mine after a bad en-bloc clip load that wouldn't go in. Great job by Kimber Custom running the shoot, and well done to the centerfire shooters who persevered through physical ailments! Look forward to seeing John and Josh at a future Appleseed.