News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mitchell, NE AS

Started by Pine Ridge Puma, June 23, 2015, 06:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge Puma

The first ever AS shoot was held in rural Mitchell, NE on June 20-21.  We  had 14 shooters which was only 6 short of capacity for this venue.  Troy and Jennifer Svoboda arranged to have shotgun capability, archery, and a close distance rifle, pistol range on their land.  The range is a work in progress but is already very nice and an awning was provided to keep everyone out of the sun.  The instructors were treated on both days to delicious food provided by members of their 4H Club and friends and neighbors.  Thank you so much!! 

We had nice weather and were pleased to have a break in the rains that have blessed the NE panhandle.

The weekend proved that there are shooters out there.  We had two men shoot Rifleman scores on Sunday, and a couple of other shooters were close to that goal.  We are hopeful that we will be asked back.

Special thanks to my friends and instructors from WY as I would not have enjoyed running this shoot without their help.  Berk and Jason, you are awesome!!
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

scuzzy

Sounds good. Only shoot I've done besides Texas was in Grand Island back in 2012. Man - that was one heck of a range there. And the city of Grand Island actually funds it. Better than the golf course we get taxed for here in Lampasas, TX. And I never played golf.

You ever hear from Necede or Matt these days?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

M1bzrk

Great Shoot, thank you Jennifer & Troy.  It's nice to deal with "can-do" folks.  I always enjoy working with PineRidgePuma and rasputin. Especially in "eastern Wyoming" aka western Nebraska.  John is doing an excellent job of stirring up interest in Appleseed and he needs some more Instructors out there.
Attached are some photos: nice flag display!

Mike Nollett

Sorry I missed this one. I'm looking forward to Chadron in September.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough