News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Izaak Walton Lynchburg Appleseed

Started by Dangerous Cook, June 22, 2015, 10:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerous Cook

The weather was very warm, the range beautiful,and the participants were all new to Appleseed!  Not one repeat at this event!  12 individuals joined 4 able and enthusiastic instructors at one of the most beautiful venues that we use in Virginia.  Many thanks to SgtMace for hosting us and to the board at the IWLL for making us feel so welcome.

There were 5 youth on the line and all of them listened and applied what they heard.  They were safe and attentive on the line and listened with great interest to the stories of the 3 strikes of the match.  One young lady even knew about the Sugar Act and told the details of that with great aplomb!

All the participants were motivated and brought their teachable attitude. As they worked with slings and positions they had never tried, they gave it their all. We even had 2 participants clean their redcoats!   

The humor for the weekend was provided by one of our young shooters who called out while using a newly issued loaner rifle due to malfunctions with his. He told one of the instructors, "Hey the target looks smaller through this scope!"  Yep, you guessed it, someone had mounted the scope on backwards!  Good catch for a brand new shooter!  O0

I also want to thank my able, knowledgeable, and dedicated instructors: TheWolfhound,SgtMace,and FiremanBob.  I am always impressed with your friendly and professional manner at our events. 
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
― Robert A. Heinlein