News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chugiak, AK 20-21 June 2015 AAR

Started by fisherdawg, June 22, 2015, 05:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

WOW.
The weekend of June 20 & 21 2015 -- Summer Solstice -- in Chugiak Alaska brought out the finest 20 most teachable shooters I can recall!
On Saturday we turned on the fire hose of instruction to the max but this bunch drank it up.
Neil M. qualified on his first AQT with 245.  This is the highest score I've personally ever seen.
Troy P. went over the top with a 217.  Persistence does pay, eh Troy?
On Sunday we reviewed and shot 6 AQT's interspaced with dirls for Time to First Shot & NPOA Shift.
Our shooters soaked it up.
Robert W. multiple qualifying scores 224, 224, 225 and more
Barry W. made it with a 211
Tess A. soldiered through and shot 213, 217, 232
Andy F. shot a 210 with bolr action CZ rimfire at his first Appleseed!
And,
Mike F. joined daughters Mikea & Gracie on the line.  He qualified with the ugliest stock mod in history, but the targettdid not care -- 217 I believe.
Mike, Barry, Robert, & Tess stepped up and asked for an Orange Hat.  HUZZAH
7 new Riflemen
4 New Orange Hats  ;D
More important than all the above -- all -- including Aiden, Robert T., Heather, Carson, Austen, Paul, Wayne, Brad & Reid, Grant, Mo & Liz heard the true story of our heritage and let sink into theire hearts.  I was my honor to share Appleseed with you all.
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

ItsanSKS

Way to step up! 

Congratulations to all the Riflemen!

I can't wait to meet the new IIT's.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

FourFans

I wish we could have a shoot like that every weekend,, and I do mean EVERY weekend. Of course I'd be unemployed...... but??... I dunno.
It was that cool
--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Medicus

:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

What, with no Hogfamily or Medicus, we don't take pictures anymore?

I'm living vicariously through you guys.

Huzzah for Alaska Appleseed, it looks like we're continuing to build a robust infrastructure up there that will survive Instructors who do ungrateful things like taking their red hats and moving to Ohio.

FD, Pete!, 509Gman, AKRed, Bovee, Jordan, Clayton, FF, OldMikey, Kiwi, Dave and LittleJohn, and all of you keep up the good work up there. I'll come home as soon as I can!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!