News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX June 20, 2015

Started by scuzzy, June 22, 2015, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

This was one of those fast paced one day shoots. But we were able to get all the instruction done and squeeze in two AQTs to boot.

I had plenty of help too - Gunner01, Weezer, and floydf showed up to help. Thanks guys - it's much appreciated.

It was a good crowd too. We had three father/son teams and two husband/wife teams. Also had 3 walk ons which we don't normally get. Altogether we had 13 shooters. We would have had even more but two of them, and father/son team, had to leave about an hour into the event. The father's daughter decided to give birth to the father's first grandbaby. Good enough reason to leave early I'd say.

The day started a bit slow and then after lunch we picked up the pace and got our two AQTs in. We had one rifleman at day end. Actually we had 3 total but they had already received a patch previously so one new rifleman - David. He'd also bought his wife Miki out who showed big improvement. They'll be back.

The shooters paid attention and there were no safety issues at all - boy that was nice.

I'll ask our official photographer post some pics since I was too busy to even think about taking pics.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

"I'll ask our official photographer post some pics since I was too busy to even think about taking pics."

I've had a few shoots like that.  :cool2:

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

I think I was the official photographer.    ;)   After I get all these kids (they seem to keep showing up and calling me "mom" - I wonder what causes that?)  ;D bathed and in bed, I'll come back and get those shots downloaded.   We had a few who preferred not to be posted on Facebook/forum, so I'm being very careful as I go through them before posting. 

Was Gunner01 ever able to get that video to you, Scuzzy?   I do believe people might enjoy seeing a hat being blown to smithereens.   >:D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins