News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sanners Lake Lexington Park, MD 6-21/22 2015

Started by navybowhunter, June 21, 2015, 07:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navybowhunter

What an AWESOME EVENT!

This weekend we had awful hot and HUMID weather but that did not deter 20 Americans from "Getting Off The Couch" and showing up to a Project Appleseed Event.

Fathers Day weekend, and several "Dad's" were on the line, and by the end of the day on Saturday, I believe many realized the importance of Fathers Day.  We only have Fathers Day, because of PATRIOTS DAY!

What a mix we had this weekend, all walks of life from straight stick civilians, to US NAVY retirees and Active Duty many of whom were Service Academy graduates.  I had to "temper" my tone once I realized we had so many officers on the line (LOL).

Seriously, it was a great weekend.  BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front), we made 9 Rifleman this weekend!  Eight were new Rifleman, and one requalification, Bruce (Applecore) put it together again and honed some skills!

I started the weekend by telling the attendees (I/We call em students often, and I need to get away from that), that I could care less if they got 1 shot down range this weekend.  I wanted them to hear the real story about 19 April, 1775.  We framed the weekend with the 4 questions (I give 5, "When did the Revolution End"), and we actually had some people that THOUGHT they had the answers.  SEE ABOVE (Academy graduates) kidding of course.  BUT, this group really got involved and that was moving to me.

Our instructor corps, made my job easy. 

Maryland's Newest Rifleman are:  Tom W (213), Doug T (217), Robert W (210), David K (236), Paul S (233) Thomas W (214), Dean G (212) and Carrie Lee (210).  Bruce D did requal with a 211.

I hope to see every one of them on a Project Appleseed line again soon.

NOW, WHO Will CARRY that message to Garcia!?????

Here is a link to some pics:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CfnFpVUZXSTFXOGNxN0Q0RGs3MlJJNEc1SlRWUmp4Y2FpSXhzVXlucUQ5RHM&usp=sharing

SWO

Email to the President of the Sanners Lake club:

I have got to tell you thanks for hosting the Appleseed Shoot his weekend. I brought both of my sons, 19 and 16 years old and I can't think of a better way to spend Father's Day than on a shooting range!

Your club made us feel very welcome, the instruction we received made us all better shooters and the quality of the range was simply fantastic. 

Thanks again for making your range available. I hope to be able to come and shoot another Appleseed there.