News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LaPorte IN, June 23-24, 2015

Started by ITB, June 21, 2015, 01:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Tigger

Starting in on posting the photos!! Thanks to all the kids/campers/budding rifle shooters for bringing a weeks worth of energy to a two day Appleseed! More to follow

ITB SAYS POST YOUR PHOTOS!!

Mac

And the winners...

This one is pretty cool but have to follow the link for the movie!
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."
C. S. Lewis  "On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature"

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling

Graywolf

My contribution to the pictures.  One of our shooters was engaging in "bullet art."
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Tigger

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling

Tigger

More pics

And more

Rod Serling

Oz

The young folks were just great!  I enjoyed working with each of younand hope you had as much fun as it looked like you were having.   ^:)^   Most important--you were safe!  Great job!

Thank you to the host range volunteers.  You really rolled out the red carpet for us and made this a wonderful event and experience.  It was clear how much this youth camp means to you and it was an honor to be able to help out.

I can't wait to come back for the Appleseed scheduled for Sep. 26-27 at this location.  It is a beautiful facility that has a great layout for our program and I know will set the stage for a fantastic weekend.  I hope to see many of you there!  (The adults have definitely earned some range time!)  Information and a sign up link is on the "LaPorte" line at the following link:

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=IN&statename=Indiana

We also hold Appleseed events at other nearby clubs if you are busy that particular weekend. The "Niles, MI" events at Bend of the River Conservation Club are probably closest (there is one in October). and the Watervliet Rod & Gun Club is within 1 hour and there are events in Indiana and Illinois as well.

Now...photos! 

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

mac66

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Janir

Looks like it was a fantastic event! The Michigan City Range Board President saying you guys did a stellar job and sent me the same link to the local newspaper article!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

DrRichP

Yes, our MI crew did an outstanding job. Kudo's to the entire team. And thank you MI cadre for helping to cover this event!! We really appreciate it!

Dr Rich
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

number6

I shall work on getting additional loaners before next year's event.

Of course I didn't send the tubers.  So there's always that option.....

number6

You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder