News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7/11 & 12 Charlottesville shoot rifles

Started by misawa, June 19, 2015, 10:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misawa

I have a father and his two sons that are signed up for the July 11/12 Appleseed shoot.  Dad has an old pump .22 but nothing else.  I know we typically have several loaners available between the instructors - I just wanted to reach out ahead of time just in case.  I'll have my Marlin LTR w/ 4 mags so that it can be used if needed.

FiremanBob

I'll have a 10/22 with Tech-Sights available.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

The Wolfhound

I just reviewed and I do not have any promised out, yet.  I will have the usual assortment of Marlins Mossbergs and CZs.

misawa

The younger of the two sons (I believe he's 14) just had knee surgery and will still be immobilized (won't be able to bend at all) at the shoot.  I'm assuming we can still accommodate but have no experience with that.  Just thought I'd bring it up now if there's anything we need to do ahead of time.  Sounds like the young man is really looking forward to this.

FiremanBob

The club has a portable benchrest setup on the rifle range. I'll check to make sure we can use it. If he's immobile, he'll be most comfortable sitting through the day. He can use his loop sling to steady the rifle instead of the usual blocks or bags.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville