News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LadySeed

Started by smoakingun, June 17, 2015, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

The technically deficient instructor and potential host for the first ladyseed has finally figured out how to submit paperwork electronically.  :wb:
This means you can put 26-27 Sept 2015 on your calendar for the event.
The line will support 15 shooters. If you have folks you want to attend, watch the site and get them signed up early
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Minutemom

Thank you Smoak!  Can't wait!
BTW, do we have a shoot boss?
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Trisha

There's a possibility of me flying down to SB it...depending on approval of course.

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PHenry

If I can swing dates, I could bring a smoker and make up some truly great smoked chicken. Maybe git Alkeford to do his famous low country boil. I mean shouldn't every Ladyseed have men doing all of the cooking?  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Minutemom

Trisha, we would be so honored to have you come down and shoot boss this event!!!!!

And Trey, um, yes please?  Pretty please?????!!!!!!!!!!  Please make that happen.......
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

B.C.

I'm in - I'll bring ye old canopies.........
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Trisha

I'm all signed up to SB this event! I am looking forward to it.

rambo granny

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Trisha!
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

9mm4545

Looking over the pre-regs, it looks like we still have three slots remaining. EventBrite counts a RWVA membership as a warm body on the firing line so the total number of shooters has been increased to account for those memberships which have been purchased. So, if you know folks who have been putting off signing up for this event, best to let them know that the time to get into this shoot is now! We have an all-star instructor lineup and shoot boss so this event will rock. How about every lady instructor in the state coming out to join us? You know who you are and you know that you really want to be at this first ever Ladyseed here in the Sunshine State. There is no try; just do, or not do. --Yoda.

Minutemom

Thank you Trisha!!!  We are so happy to have you come and shoot boss this event!  A Ladyseed really NEEDS a female shoot boss, so my hat is off to you for traveling all that way to make that possible!  I'm so excited - I've told everyone I know and I know of 2 ladies for sure that have signed up and both are super excited and super newbies :).  One of them will need a loaner rifle, so Bruce, or Smoak, I'm hoping that one of you can help her out.  I will be supplying the ammo and accessories for her.  If she likes it (which of course she will!!) she will be coming back to the next Gainesville shoot and bringing her husband with her.  I'm going to keep trying to fill those last 3 spots!

smoakingun

alright folks. it's almost time for the rubber to meet the road.
we have the line almost full, and it looks like 12 instructors signed up.
anyone planning on staying at my place needs to get with me so I can figure out where to put people.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

9mm4545

RG and I will bring our camper if you have a place we can park it.

stoneknives

Looks like the 1 st Florida LADYSEED is a sell out.  HUZZAH! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Minutemom

We did it!!!!  Thank you so much to everyone!!  No doubt this event will be a complete and total success!  Huzzah!!!!!

inSANEmom

Quote from: smoakingun on August 13, 2015, 06:12:02 PM
anyone planning on staying at my place needs to get with me so I can figure out where to put people.

So I am finally back from my summer travels (which included working an Appleseed event in Guntersville, AL!) and checking in here. Getting excited for this LadySeed!

Is there still room to stay at your place? Do I need to find somewhere else to stay? Are we camping? I forget what was finally decided about all this. Any answer is of course ok... I just need to make plans one way or another. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

DrRichP

I am so excited for the lady cadre in Florida. You have a top notch shoot boss coming down to work with a top notch group of ladies. It's nice to see the spirit of Jackie Wells and Appleseed prospering. Huzzah Ladies!  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

smoakingun

Quote from: inSANEmom on September 04, 2015, 09:48:39 PM
Quote from: smoakingun on August 13, 2015, 06:12:02 PM
so long as you don't mind sharing a room with the shoot boss, I have a bed for you.

So I am finally back from my summer travels (which included working an Appleseed event in Guntersville, AL!) and checking in here. Getting excited for this LadySeed!

Is there still room to stay at your place? Do I need to find somewhere else to stay? Are we camping? I forget what was finally decided about all this. Any answer is of course ok... I just need to make plans one way or another. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thomas Jefferson

inSANEmom

Quote from: smoakingun on September 05, 2015, 01:24:35 PM
so long as you don't mind sharing a room with the shoot boss, I have a bed for you.

That would be great! Thank you.
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

smoakingun

so far you and the shoot boss are the only ones to respond.
should I expect you friday or saturday?

Thomas Jefferson

TomM1Thumb

Hey Smoak, My Grand Daughter Sam, Will need a place to stay, If there is one to be had, She was the last Shooter signed up.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

B.C.

Smoak, will we be using canopies? If so when would you like them delivered and set up?

smoakingun

Tom, if she doesn't mind the floor, the beds are spoken for.
mecros, the line has abundant natural shade, but I think Bruce wants to set up the canopies for shade behind the line. the target line is set up and the range is laid out.Give Bruce a shout and verify he wants the canopies set up, if he does, we can set them up that friday.

Thomas Jefferson

B.C.

We will be there Friday in the pm hours to set up. Thanks!

Chris

malabar

Trisha

What time are you flying in? Are you going into Orlando?

We need to get someone to pick up our esteemed shootboss.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Trisha

I fly into Orlando at 1:20 ET and fly out Monday at 11:30ET.

malabar

Who can pick up Trisha on Friday?

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

alkeford

I can get her if all else fails let me know.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Trisha

Quote from: malabar on September 16, 2015, 01:37:02 AM
Trisha

tk

Sly sent me a PM saying he should be able to pick me up, but honestly I don't want this to be a big deal, I can rent a car if needed. Just let me know maybe by Wednesday evening if I need to.

Thanks!

malabar

Quote from: Trisha on September 20, 2015, 11:24:14 PM
Quote from: malabar on September 16, 2015, 01:37:02 AM
Trisha

tk

Sly sent me a PM saying he should be able to pick me up, but honestly I don't want this to be a big deal, I can rent a car if needed. Just let me know maybe by Wednesday evening if I need to.

Thanks!

Trisha,

it's your call.

One of our instructors, HeidiHeidi, will be able to pick you up by 4. She's picking up her daughter and will be driving up past the airport.

Her contact info is  321 266 8030,  heidiheidiann@gmail.com

Just let me know what works best for you.

thanks for coming down for this

tk