News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENOTO LADYSEED JUNE 13-14, 2015

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 17, 2015, 02:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Summer came a bit too early for Sacramento's Ladyseed.....

106 on Saturday and near 100 on Sunday....ugh...At least the breeze on Sunday helped.

11 ladies began their journey of learning rifle marksmanship Saturday morning.

Safety briefing and first Red Coat completed and it was on to the fire hose of knowledge. 

Several ladies showed they were going to take what we were teaching and put it to good use right away.

I was glad to see a few AR 15's in our group.  It's always a nice sound.. :)  :---

We stopped for lunch and the telling of the 3 strikes to a very interested group.  Duck and Missy did an awesome job as usual.

Back on the line, in the heat, we continued to teach and they continued to learn. 

A short break for some icy freezer pops helped cool us all down.

We ended the day with a red coat.

Sunday started out much cooler and a nice breeze came up to help keep things a bit cooler.

7 ladies returned on Sunday.

Debbie, Joyce, Kit and Julia you were missed and we hope to see you out again.

After the morning safety review & Red Coat we began reviewing Saturday's information.  Also reminded everyone that this is a sport that is very much mental...when you get frustrated, you need to step away and take a breath or a break.  It was a good reminder for all.

The day was awesome.  Lots of improvement, from positions to groups to just little things that didn't seem to want to work on Saturday. 

We had a special demonstration by Vinnie with his Brown Bess.  Thanks Vinnie!!   ..:..

I am very proud of all the ladies for coming out and sticking with it through the heat and the frustration of learning new things.  You may not have scored Rifleman...but you are all Riflemen in the heart and soul...and that's very important.  The rest will come.

I hope to see you on the line another time...bring a friend.

Thank you all for helping us clean up. Many hands make light work.

A big huge thanks to all my instructors.  With out you, I couldn't do this.

Thanks also to the guys for helping so much with set up and other little things.

Your instructor crew:
         Forum name

Laurie         NorCal22Gal   Shoot Boss
Missy         Missy
Linda         Ducky
Carrie         CarbineCarrie
Marta         22CaliBear
Rae         MeltedTea
Joe         eaglescouter
Matthew      Scoutcamper
Vinnie         Vinnie

MeltedTea

I want to send the photos to Ducky and have her review them for posting... Ducky, can i get an email?