News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek June 20 & 21, 2015

Started by Graywolf, June 16, 2015, 10:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

Is there a better way to celebrate Father's Day weekend than at the range at an Appleseed celebrating our heritage as Americans?  I think not!   We had a great time at the Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek this weekend.  The shooters were motivated and excited.  The weather was perfect.  You could not have asked for better.

Congratulations to Mike on shooting rifleman (not just once but twice) at his first Appleseed.  Brad and Dave were not just knocking on the door, but were fairly close to busting it open.  Keep at it guys;  you have skills you will get it done and soon.  Ron and Jonah were only able to be with us on Saturday but they are well on their way to getting it done as well.  Hope to see you two back on the trail soon.

My thanks to the instructors that gave of their weekend to come out and help.  You all are the best.  Thanks to Rascal21 for keeping me organized and making the admin run so smoothly.  Congratulation to Sir Kay for taking a Blue Hat!  Welcome aboard!  I look forward to working with you again.

I know a lot of pictures were taken this weekend, so lets post 'em up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Rascal21

Hey all! Thanks for spending the weekend with us. Hope to see you again in the future.

Will post more later when I have a bit, but wanted to get you the pics I took

They are all located here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.710210575755781.1073741873.240556109387899&type=3

but here's a sneak peek:

Stacy

Nimrod

It was a great way to spend Father's Day weekend no doubt. I'm ^:)^ hooked for sure I'm definitely going to be doing this again!!! Thanks again to all the instructors you guys are awesome!!!!! My last two targets my groups started to climb I should have checked my stock screw, when I got home it was loose by 2 turns!I know better than that :wb: well that makes me come back another time and lesson learned!
Qualified Winterseed Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek
God Bless may your aim be true

Zero

I would like to thank everyone again for the awesome weekend. I enjoyed meeting everyone, and was surprised more than anyone else when I scored rifleman. I could not have done so without the patience of the instructors, or Merlin33's ammo loan! I'll bring extra to the next so that I may repay the favor to someone. I swear I thought I had enough! Perhaps the small size of our group allowed for faster turn-arounds between stages, equaling more shooting for us. No complaints from this guy.

The camaraderie of my fellow students was also priceless, and contributed to my overall enjoyment of the event. I hope to see some or all of you at the next one I attend. I'll likely stick close to home and attend shoots in BC - though Watervliet isn't out of the question.

I have two other potential riflemen to drag along with me the next time (one's already 'been-there, done-that' but likes to refresh old skills). I have many other prospective candidates in mind that I am actively working on, but they may take time to wear down :) I focus a lot of my attention on talking to the girls about it because I think they are key to the long-term success of these projects and our way of life. I will do my part, and hope these events are still being held when my daughter (pictured left) is old enough to attend. If not, then she'll at least learn them from me.

In the meantime, stay safe, and shoot straight, everyone!
Life sucks, get a helmet.