News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, Ohio June 13 & 14, 2015

Started by Corvette, June 15, 2015, 09:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Huzzah, what a great Appleseed. We had two sunny but muggy days at the Miamisburg Sportsman's Club. We had 13 shooters ready for a challenging two days of Marksmanship and Heritage. The group was about half first time attendees and half returning shooters. After a welcome and the safety briefing, the experience of the line came through in the initial Saturday Red Coat.

Sat AM Redcoat: 100-6, 200-5, 300-2, 400-1, DM Shingle-5 and 1 cleared Red Coat-Lee. Wow, what a great start.

Instructions followed with steady hold, six steps, NPOA with supporting drills. Right from the start, everybody was working hard and the damp shirts showed it.  We pushed the need to hydrate and everybody was doing a good job of drinking water. Before we knew it, we were at lunch and the First Strike was presented.

After lunch, we moved on to Seated and Off hand steady hold followed by the Second Strike. The AQT was introduced and a practice and timed AQT and the Sat PM Red Coat were completed before we broke for the day and presented the Third Strike. 

The results showed improvement.  We only had 10 shooters still with us (several had to leave early for family commitments) and we put up:

100-7, 200-5, 300-3, 400-2, DM Shingle-3 and 2 more Cleared Red Coats - William and Del.

Sunday morning started overcast with a gentle trailing breeze that was most appreciated by all. Unfortunately, it left us early in the day and the sun returned. After several morning drills, we were ready to start on the AQT's.  Before we were done, we had 4 Rifleman scores. Del requalified twice and we can welcome Mark and William to the ranks of Riflemen. Andy was also knocking at the door with several scores around 200.  The others all showed improvement, especially Alanna.

The morning included a presentation on the history of our Rev War flags and the DOM's were presented in the afternoon.

Overall, a great Appleseed.

Huzzah.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Del

I'd like to thank everyone again for coming out and having great attitudes. Really enjoyed spending the weekend with all of you and hope to see everyone again.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Del

Charley

Great, safe weekend from everyone!!! It was a lot of fun and everyone showed a lot of improvement! Thanks everyone for coming out, I enjoyed working with you and hope to see you on the line again!

RetiredSFC

I want to thank Corvette, Del and Charley for their assistance this past weekend.  This was my second Appleseed and it will not be the last.  The story of April 19th and the other facts kept everyone's attention while suffering in the heat and humidity yet everyone went back to the line and fire their rifles earn that Rifleman's Patch.   

Thank you all again! 

Charley

Here's some pics

Charley

Saturday cleared red coats! One in the morning,two in the afternoon!

Charley

Learning some history

Charley

Saturday line and some steady hold factors

Charley

Sunday

Charley

Father/daughter and father/son

Charley

Father/son

Charley

Team challenge

Charley

The next generation

Charley

Riflemen!!

Charley

Sunday

Cadence

HUZZAH! to Mark for making Rifleman.  ^:)^

Now you can trade your Blue hat for an Orange one!  O0
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

CB750-Rider

Hello everyone! Thank you for a great weekend. Alanna and I really enjoyed the event, and we learned a lot. Thanks to our great instructors for all the help. We are both looking forward to our next Appleseed. We will work in the meantime to incorporate what we learned into our shooting. The instruction and history lessons were great. We have re-told some of the history, but I am having trouble remembering the names!! I need to bring a notepad next time. This is an inspiring group that we are proud to be part of.

From Alanna ->   O0 :~

-Lee

little buddy

Thanks cadance I told you guys I would not give up 

Cadence

Never doubted you from the start! A rifleman persists, and you are a very good example of that. O0
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams