News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sherrill, Iowa 13-14June2015

Started by IXOYE, June 13, 2015, 09:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great day despite the rain, with sixteen shooters at an absolutely beautiful range. The improvement in marksmanship between morning and afternoon was phenomenal. A great big congratulations to Eason who shot solid rifleman scores on both the AQT's we shot. Thanks to Josh and Michelle for helping with all the instruction. Thanks to Michelle for making us Red Coat cookies.

I'll post some pictures of the day in a separate post.

Rex
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here is the group picture taken at the end of the day!

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some more pictures taken in the afternoon.

Shooting Prone

Keeping dry under the tarp.

Our solo bolt shooter of the day

Working on that prone position

Josh helping with standing position

Three of our youth shooters

Easton with his rifleman patch

Getting ready to transition

Prepping magazines with ammo

Earl

I do like the pages of photos with captions, nice work! O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

IXOYE

Sunday should be called "Invasion of the Butterfly's". The rain held off, the sun came out, and the butterfly's were swarming us for a good portion of the morning. The neighbors from over the hill heard all our shooting and came over to investigate. They ended up joining us for a couple of hours. Now that they know what Appleseed is about I think they will be returning for a full event.

We saw further improvement in marksmanship skills with one shooter knocking at the door of rifleman. We also spent a fair amount of time in the morning helping people with making minor adjustments to their equipment. By the end of the day it was pretty warm and muggy so everyone was worn out. All in all it was a great day.

Thanks to Cort for coming half way across the state to serve as an instructor. Thanks to all the participants for staying after to help pick up everything and load it into my van. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at another Appleseed.

Rex

SoapCreeker

Saturday was great and the bugs weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be.  Thanks Rex for setting this all up and making it happen!!!  It was good to see improvement from the first Red Coat to the last Red Coat.
"Ultimately, the most important skill for the patriot is marksmanship"

Ames

Rex isn't joking about the butterfly invasion.  Oddly enough, these delicate creatures didn't seem to be bothered (or harmed) by this black rifle.  ::)  I missed taking the best photo of the day, though.  At one point, one of our shooters was in the seated position shooting stage two and had about 10 butterflies on him.  Talk about needing that rifleman's bubble to block out all of that "tickling".