News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dunbarton (Pioneer) Jun 13-14 cancelled?

Started by MattNH, June 12, 2015, 12:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattNH

Just got an e-mail that the Appleseed tomorrow and sunday is cancelled due to lack of staffing.

I'm extremely disappointed, I was attending with my 3 kids.  I attended my first in Pelham back in April with my youngest son and it was wonderful. Basically, I feel like I now need to become an instructor so this doesn't happen again. 

How do I fast track becoming an instructor?
Appleseed is friend to all, enemy to none

Luigi

Hi Matt, and others signed up for the Dunbarton shoot,

I want to personally apologize for the shoot cancellation. I completely understand your disappointment, we too at Project Appleseed are disappointed and frustrated when this happens.  This is especially so when parents are attending with their children; it is vitally important to pass our nation's heritage on to them!

The shoot will be rescheduled; we very much would like to see you and your family attend, along with everyone else who signed up. Please watch the Project Appleseed calendar for upcoming shoots. Refunds are being processed for everyone who signed up via Eventbrite.

As to becoming an instructor, that would be AWESOME.  We are always looking for new instructors.  The key prerequisites for entering the instructor-in-training program are: 1) shoot a rifleman score on the AQT (210 or better) and 2) attend at least two Appleseed shoots. You've already let us know of your intentions, so that step is covered. Please contact me for any further questions you may have. We very much would like to see folks who want to take an active role join our instructor ranks.

Thanks for your interest in and positive view towards our program. We strive to share our heritage as Americans with everyone possible. With your help our mission will be successful!

Luigi
Lou Perich
NH State Coordinator
Project Appleseed

MattNH

Luigi,

Thanks for the response.  I will keep an eye out for the rescheduled date.  I'm really looking forward to shooting one at Pioneer, it's my home range. 

I struggled with my rifle with feed issues and lack of magazines back in April. Those issues have been fixed.  Once I earn the patch we'll talk about next steps for becoming an instructor. 

Matt
Appleseed is friend to all, enemy to none