News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buckeye, AZ - AAR - 30 May 2015

Started by AZ_Varian, June 11, 2015, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZ_Varian

Buckeye, AZ - AAR - 30 May 2015

The last weekend of May was the first hot (as in over 100F) day in Arizona that found 5 fine Americans off
their couches, putting on the sunscreen, and on the firing line learning to be better marksmen and about
their heritage.  This two-day event wrapped up Central Arizona's Spring Project Appleseed season in high fashion
with noticeable marksmanship improvements by all.  This was the most age-diverse lineup with shooters
ranging from 10 years old up to 71, and everyone did all the transitions!!!

All rifles were amazingly well sighted in and all shooters started off with good groups.  This made the sighter
squares go pretty quickly, with 8 MOA groups by the third string of fire.  By the end of Sunday, we actually
knocked out 10 AQT's, and had a new Rifleman, who shot a Rifleman score four times and cleared the final Red Coat. 
Hip Hip Huzzah!!!

Finally, to all the students who participated this weekend.  Thank you for coming out to play in
the sun with us.  You're a fine group of Americans who show the same kind of spirit demonstrated
by our forefathers.  Continue working on your Marksmanship skills.  I look forward to seeing you
again down the trail.

Chimich

This was my first shoot as an IIT. My rendition of the First Strike was probably a bit long winded but it'll get better. All in all i appear to have survived it.  :)

A couple of personal thanks from me:
1.) to attendee Fred for graciously allowing me to shoot his Springfield M1A during one of the punch out the square exercises.  Between ARs, bolts, levers, and shotgun, I'd never shot that type of action before...thanks much!!!  (One more rifle to add to the bucket list)

2.) to blue hat Fernando for helping out on most all aspects of running the shoot.  Hope to see you again at future shoots.

dSB Scott's demo of his National Match sling from Turner Saddlery was well received by all.  That one didn't stay on the bucket list very long...it's been ordered and is on the way!!

BTW, attendee Mike (did I remember the name correctly??) that shot rifleman drove in from California for the priviledge of shooting in our triple digit AZ heat.

I'll see the AZ cadre again in August...getting ready for some vacation starting this weekend.

Take care and regards
George