News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville, FL, May 30-31, 2015

Started by malabar, June 10, 2015, 10:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

Dedicated shooters drove as much as three hours to spend two days sizzling in the sun.  Five were rewarded with riflemen patches. Congratulations Dennis, Denny, Kyle, Gill and especially Chelsea -- who shot a 239.  That gave her the distinction of also being the most improved shooter.
See you this weekend in Palm Bay. I predict an orange hat is in you future.

Also we finally got an actual blue hat to Mecreos, who's now ready to take an orange hat!

Thanks for a great shoot, Smoakingun, Minutemom, Ridefun2 and Mecreos.

huzzah!

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

B.C.

The Gainesville shoot was good times! The instructors and boss showed their skill, patience and knowledge so professionally. More than a few folks left on Sunday with a new found respect of the choices and actions our founders took to secure the freedoms that most now take for granite. Several shooters told me how thankful they were to be in attendance and that the event and message meant a lot to them. They were all very appreciative of the efforts of the staff. I saw a gleam of accomplishment and satisfaction in the eyes of most all after the event, especially those who walked away with a shiny new rifleman patch. Kyle: (the magnificent) proved that a solid month of daily dry fire practice pays off big time - he shot score on the 1st AQT of Saturday afternoon. Denny and Dennis: great job to both of you! Gill: good job as well, you shot a great score even in the face of 556 brass flying all around you. Chelsea: your persistence payed off with a final 239 score - good job indeed! Shoot score one more time and take the orange hat. What a great event - I'm counting down the days to our next shoot!   
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Minutemom

Yes, it was HOT!  And humid - a typical spring day in Florida!  But that just proves how dedicated this group of fine Americans are.  They braved the elements to come out and learn about their heritage and start learning the way of the rifleman.  Determination and persistence abounded all weekend long.  Congratulations to the 5 who earned the coveted patch - you did our forefathers proud.  And congratulations to all the shooters on the line - all showed marked improvement by the end of the day on Sunday.  I very much enjoyed working with all of the shooters, especially the 6 young shooters in attendance.  It is young people like you who can turn this country around!  Thanks to my fellow instructors and our wonderful shoot boss Malabar - I continue to learn so much from you all.  Hope to see you all at the next Gainesville shoot!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Ari

My AQT says 234, but I'm happy you guys think I'm capable of scoring a 239.  ;)

This shoot was great, beginning to end. It was well worth the three hour drive! Special thanks to Smoak for letting me use his loaner rifle on Sunday, as mine was having...difficulties. I appreciate all of the help the instructors gave me, you guys are just awesome.

I hope to get out to Gainesville again soon, this time as an IIT! I received my hat down in Palm Bay last weekend and now I want to use it.  ^:)^

smoakingun

welcome aboard! There is a ladyseed at my house in september and female insructors will be needed.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson