News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

4th of July

Started by smoakingun, June 10, 2015, 11:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

In honor of the return of the prodigal appleseeder, itsansks, it seems that I have been tasked with securing a location for a 4th of July picnic shoot thing.
I am talking to the Gwin family now. Looks like they have nothing on the schedule for that weekend. So looks like this will happen at their place in the Ocala national forest.
To start I need a head count. Wbo's in?
July in Fl is not the time of year I tbink about camping, so I won't be. My plan is to make this a single day event.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

TheMenace

Regrettably, Scherri and I have plans to be in Savannah, GA for Independence Day week. Sorry we will miss it this year.
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

308LIBERTY

I'm in. Thanks for finding us a location Smoak.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

TomM1Thumb

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Valkyrie7

What are the facilities like at the site? Port-a-potties? Shade? etc. I'm trying to determine if I can conceivably come shoot with Three'oEight and still make it to work by midnight. Whether there is shade for this porcelain skinned lady will make a huge difference in that decision.
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

smoakingun

Bad news folks. The Gwinn Farm where I was planning to hold this BBQ and Red Coat world series has come upon some pasture issues and cannot get move the cows out of the pasture we were planning to use.
We will have to find another venue. If anyone has another venue, now is the time to secure it.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

ItsanSKS

Who's willing to contact Manatee Range? 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Sly223

I will it will have to be tomorrow they are closed on Monday
I didn't read this until I left the range yesterday or it would have happened!
..:..
In liberty
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!