News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen,NY June 6-7,2015

Started by Grumpy1, June 08, 2015, 06:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

Great weather welcomed students and instructors to The New Bremen Fish and game Club on June 6-7,2015

We had 6 students on the line Saturday, with a mix of previous,and new Appleseeders.

I had the pleasure of a Great Instructor Cadre, :bow: Viet Vet,Josey Wales,Dude, Drifter52,and Keith 1, Thank You!

Fundamentals were taught, and the students really took it in... our first AQT produced 2 New Rifleman,and our second AQT produced 3 Repeat Rifleman O0

James a New Rifleman Started with a 210, and followed up with a 229 :---

Adam a Repeat Rifleman with a 211 :---

David  a New Rifleman with a 215 :---

Vic a Repeat Rifleman with a 211 :---

Sunday, we were joined by 4 students, we decided early on that we would take advantage of this Great KD Range.

We started out getting our 25m zeros, and then relocated to the distance range. Everyone calculated their  DOPE and shot a group for zero. Once everyone had their feedback, we decided to do a Full Distance AQT.  This was Awesome, Adam And Drifter52 did some Great Shooting O0  both were very,very close to 80%, and it was a Great learning experience!  David decided to pass on doing the AQT, to conserve ammo, with his 35 Rem lever action, He decided instead to engage my steel D target at 400y. After figureing his come up, and running way short in elevation clicks, he said to us," I still need to hold over 60", but I want to give it a try", and with his second shot, he shot the wire off an inch a half above the steel O0, thats some fine  shooting.

We finished up on Sunday with a Top Gun Red Coat, Five rounds 400 yards hanging Red Coat Steel,students and instructors gave it a try,  and when it was over Adam took First place with 3/5,  James, Dude and Rick 2/5, and David with 1/5, and  I was 0/5(Guess I need to practice more).

Speaking of Adam, he approached as we were cleanig up and asked how he could get a Nice New Orange Hat, so I was more than happy to help him out...

Please join me in welcoming ThreeOhEight New Yorks Newest IIT O0

Pictures, Post em if ya Got em
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

To my friends & neighbors,
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

Josey Wales

After hours camping..

VietVet

What a beautiful weekend for an Appleseed. Then again aren't they all.  O0

Thanks to all involved in making this "trip" (7 hours for me each way) such a rewarding event.

Shooters and Instructors made this Appleseed Event a very memorable one.

Congrats to our new Rifleman.  :~

Congrats and Thanks to ThreeOhEight New Yorks Newest IIT. Well done Adam!

Just a few more photos to add...............
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Boru

:( Real sorry to have missed the shoot and the opportunity of  seeing Grumpy1 on the gee-taar.   %)
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

VietVet

Quote from: Boru on June 09, 2015, 07:57:29 PM
:( Real sorry to have missed the shoot and the opportunity of  seeing Grumpy1 on the gee-taar.   %)

Grumpy1 don't play.  %)

Josey Wales does.  O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Grumpy1

Pictures
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Dude

Perfect weather and another great shoot at New Bremen. There's no better bunch of guys than Viet Vet, Josey Wales, and Grumpy1.

All shooters were impressive in their skills by the end of the weekend. Try telling the guys at the club how you hit steel at 400 yds with a 35 Remington. And Jim's rifle, which seemingly defied the laws of physics, emphasizes the need to have the written dope on every rifle you own.

New and repeat riflemen in abundance and a new Orange Hat,  ThreeOhEight. Can't ask for more.

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

ThreeOhEight

Thank you all for the warm welcome here, as soon as I return from my deployment I plan on making my way into a red hat as soon as possible. In the meantime, I guess I'll brush up on my history a bit and continue learning what I can about shooting.

I would also like to mention how awesome New Bremen was - it's nice to have a weekend to both learn and shoot with some fellow patriotic gentlemen.