News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle/McMiller, WI June 6-7, 2015

Started by Chewie, June 07, 2015, 11:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

First off thank you to McMiller Sport Center for allowing us to us their amazing range again its always a pleasure to shoot there. 
We had a great turn out and great weather couldn't have asked for better conditions for an AS shoot. Thank you to all our shooters and instructors that turned out. We had 14 shooters on Sat and 13 on Sunday. With a good number of new comers which means AS grew a little bit this weekend. I know I had a blast and the shooters all left with a smile and new friends from the weekend and a little burned but its ok the sun is our friend.
We had one shooter make rifleman during his first AS weekend not only once, twice, but thrice; that's right 3 AQTs in a row. We also had some shooters on the heels of 210, with a 208 and some high 190s.

Thank you to all those I have met on my journey to Shot Boss since I took an orange hat what seems forever ago. and Congrts to Sis on her new redhat.

***Pictures are coming....
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Laredo

What an outstanding group of shooters!  Groups like this is why we do it.

One of our shooters muscling through the pain of hot steel deposited on his back and down his shirt.... compliments of his neighbor.  I guess if it dont hurt... whats the point!?   ;D  He handled it like a trooper and always kept his muzzle in a safe direction!!!  Great job!

Great group of instructors.  Congrats to Chewie for earning his green hat and to Sis for earning her red hat.  I am super glad I got to be there for that! 

Bearcub with her great smile!

And thanks for McMiller Sport Center for hosting us.  It is a fantastic venue.  One of my Fav's!!

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

SingleStack230

I just wanted to take the time to let you know that I had a great time at the Project Appleseed event in Eagle, Wisconsin.

The volunteers did a great job passing on knowledge, and the McMiller Sport Center range was an excellent venue for the event.

Regards,

John (the Guy in the Kilt) Serrano
06JUN15 - 1st Appleseed
03OCT15 - 2nd Appleseed
16APR16 - Rifleman

Slothman

I'd like to echo John's sentiments.  I had an absolute blast this weekend, and I'd like to thank the instructors for putting on a great event.  You all did a fantastic job! 

I just might be hooked ...

Jeff
2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

Laredo

Quote from: Slothman on June 09, 2015, 02:01:05 AM

I just might be hooked ...

Jeff

That happened to me once!!   ;D

Glad you had a good time.  I hope to see you again...  Maybe we can get you under an Orange Hat!!  :)
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

DrRichP

I had a great time!! What an amazing group of shooters and now friends.

I really had a nice time giving the business to a bunch of future Coasties. Semper Paratus boys!  ;D

In all seriousness, it was my honor to be involved in this shoot with this group of fine Americans, especially those who have worn the uniform of our country. I was, and am, humbled to be in your presence. You each have my undying respect and gratitude.

Kudo's go out to our newest Rifleman with a strong Rifleman ×3 showing. There's a man who knows well what he is about.

Congratulations to Chewie for earning his green hat and to Sis for earning her red hat. Well deserved on both fronts, and I couldn't be prouder.

My thanks also go to McMiller Sport Center and the incredible instructor team.

I look forward to seeing you all on the trail again, SOON!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Reckless Rick

O0 great job by all and congrats on all the promotions
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest