News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Might as well say it now....

Started by LindaFromAppleCreek, June 06, 2015, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LindaFromAppleCreek

Since Corvette got inactivated without notice, I believe that I will be, too.

This has been a great experience, and my family has loved going to Appleseeds. My 6 year old and 9 year old want to know when they can go. 

I absolutely love the Liberty that my ancestors and our founding generations fought and died for. I will continue to do my part to live up to their sacrifice. I will continue to live for my Lord Jesus Christ and serve Him with all of my heart.

I will miss you all, and hope that our efforts produce liberty.

Live free or Die!
aka Mustang380gal

sgtrock

Why do you think you would be??

Have you said something out in the open forum?

If not, that means they are looking at our PM's, and that is not good.  I read a lot on this forum, and I do not recall anything that Corvette said that would warrant dismissal.

Is Big brother is here?

EZ3

Going to miss you, Linda!  Take care and God bless!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

LindaFromAppleCreek

I cannot for the life of me think why Corvette would have been inactivated, but he is. I was in contact with him off the forum, and know that he did not receive notice before he tried to log on.

Corvette and I are both in Ohio, which is next to Indiana. Almost all of the Indiana crew has been inactivated.

Hope our paths cross again,  EZ3!
aka Mustang380gal

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Lonestar6

Do not ascribe to malice what can be as easily explained by the roll call. Regardless of their present status, I believe everyone who has answered the Appleseed call, for whatever their tenure is/was, is a patriot and I am proud to have walked with them for at least a little while.
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Fred

All, there was an error in a program which led to any non-IN instructor who was listed as a member of the IN board being inactivated.

The error should be corrected, soon - like in an hour or two.

Sorry about it. We'll make it right.

Fred
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Nailer

I was just de-activated then re-activated, will I again be de-activated when I do not answer the roll call when Illinois gets it.

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: The Nailer on June 06, 2015, 10:51:53 PM
I was just de-activated then re-activated, will I again be de-activated when I do not answer the roll call when Illinois gets it.

No offence Bob Lee but what do you have against the roll call ? seems its just a tool to get nessasary contact info for emergency and logistics purposes .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

DrRichP

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on June 07, 2015, 12:31:17 PM
Quote from: The Nailer on June 06, 2015, 10:51:53 PMI was just de-activated then re-activated, will I again be de-activated when I do not answer the roll call when Illinois gets it.

No offence Bob Lee but what do you have against the roll call ? seems its just a tool to get nessasary contact info for emergency and logistics purposes.

Good observation Johnny.

Quote from: PHenry on June 04, 2015, 11:00:06 AM
Re: "Appleseed Roll Call" email?

For any who would like to get it done now and move on - here's the link: https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/rollcall.php

I've clicked it before and if asked, will click it 100 times. I get why we are asked to do it, but to me it's just paperwork - not a questioning of my integrity, loyalty, or ability to kiss arse. I have events to work and a country that is in dire need of saving from itself. With all that I do and have done for this program since 2007, what do I care about clicking on a link? (I didn't click the super-vol link, as I need more work like, well, you know  ^-^)

Over the years, when I have had a question, I contacted my mentors. When they had left, I called Fred directly. His people skills, well, they've gotten better over the years, but that's not saying a lot. I have never found Fred to be "warm and fuzzy", nor have I ever found him to be deceitful or sneaky. I have at times even found Fred to rude to me, but I have never found him to be conniving or dishonest. Fred and I don't have a great deal in common - different generations and such. What we do hold in common is the mission and he has never once, not for an instant, ever given me cause to doubt his sincerity or commitment to our common goal of saving America from itself through education.

If you have a question speak to Fred or any other member of the AOC directly - face to face is best if you can swing it. Typing is a truly lousy form of communication, easily misunderstood amongst even the very best humans and when it comes to humans, I honestly have never met a better lot than in Appleseeds. I tend to see anyone under a RWVA hat as my brother or sister and offer them the benefit of the doubt.

I got some minor paperwork to do, then it's back to work.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

LindaFromAppleCreek

Well, it does seem rather incongruous that an organization that tells of a time in history that Americans threw off centralized authority in the crown seems to embrace that central authority for contact information and logistical purposes.

There are state coordinators and regional coordinators that certainly could handle those logistics.
aka Mustang380gal

The Nailer

I dont recall seeing contact info in the roll call

BeSwift

And when a SC refuses to provide info for the roll call to the RC or National?  A roll call is sent out.. That's how it went.

Quote from: LindaFromAppleCreek on June 07, 2015, 08:57:35 PM
Well, it does seem rather incongruous that an organization that tells of a time in history that Americans threw off centralized authority in the crown seems to embrace that central authority for contact information and logistical purposes.

There are state coordinators and regional coordinators that certainly could handle those logistics.
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

BeSwift

Quote from: The Nailer on June 07, 2015, 09:09:57 PM

Roll call was sent by whom? In lieu of being unable to determine that, who is your SC and/or RC?  If assistance is needed to utilize the PM system, please let us know. Not trying to be crass, but your response is a bit on the ridiculous side.. 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Lonestar6

I believe the Nailer is responding to Johnny's post that suggested the roll call was a test of the contact information, or at least that was his interpretation.

Quote from: BeSwift on June 07, 2015, 11:16:50 PM
Quote from: The Nailer on June 07, 2015, 09:09:57 PM

Roll call was sent by whom? In lieu of being unable to determine that, who is your SC and/or RC?  If assistance is needed to utilize the PM system, please let us know. Not trying to be crass, but your response is a bit on the ridiculous side..
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Corvette

Quote from: BeSwift on June 07, 2015, 11:13:16 PM
And when a SC refuses to provide info for the roll call to the RC or National?  A roll call is sent out.. That's how it went.

Quote from: LindaFromAppleCreek on June 07, 2015, 08:57:35 PM

BeSwift

I assume your comments about an SC not responding to a roll call are referring to me.

Let's be clear here. I am an Ohio Shoot Boss who has stepped up to cover a number of state coordinator jobs. The roll call request was an Indiana roll call not an Ohio roll call.

After I received the original roll call note from scuzzy I PM'd him pointing out that I am an Ohio SB and I asked if I was expected to respond. He said I probably got the request in error because I was listed on the Indiana state board.

He asked if I wanted to be removed from the Indiana board and I said no, it is ok to just leave me on it.  It was very clear to me that this was an Indiana roll call and there was no need for me to reply.

So the implication that this happened because I ignored a request from national is both inaccurate and disappointing.

The mood in the mid-west is pretty raw right now. As such, I would recommend that further communications on this thread and this issue move to PMs so that the resolution of any remaining misunderstandings can be accomplished without adding any more "salt on the wound" that already exists in the IN/OH team.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

DrRichP

Corvette,

You are incorrect. BeSwift was speaking of TJ Kackowski, the former IN State Coordinator. He was contacted by multiple persons including a member of the AOC and then again by me, and asked if he would share who he thought would or would not be with Appleseed into 2016. He would not say, or name any names. I respect him, and his decision to not betray any confidences. Nevertheless, there were options to work together to overcome the potential losses without betraying anyone's confidence. This was an opportunity lost. Perhaps if the opportunity had been seized, we never would have had to see a 'roll call'.

It's possible things may have become confused because BeSwift was trying to be polite and not name any names. No one was implying that you (Corvette) ignored a request from national.

Please folks. I know everyone is sensitive and defensive right now. Please stop. This is exactly the kind of reaction that some have hoped to achieve. I would also recommend that further communications on this thread and this issue move to PMs so that the resolution of any remaining misunderstandings can be accomplished.

Last thing, and I WANT TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR. There is no "IN/OH" team. There is only one team. The Appleseed team. The sooner we all start acting, and treating each other like we are on the same team (and we are) the better.

If anyone would like to discuss that, please call or write me directly.

Dr Rich P
Project Appleseed
Great Lakes Regional Coordinator
drrichp@projectappleseed.net
Cell       224.338.5330

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Corvette

Dr Rich P

I had suggested that further discussion of this issue should occur via PM. I still support that approach. As such I will reply via PM.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!