News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Talledega Inaugural Matches

Started by Agrivere, June 02, 2015, 03:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrivere

Just curious if there are any Appleseeders I should be keeping my eyes out for at the Inaugural matches at the new Talledega Marksmanship park this weekend?

I'll be shooting my Garand on Saturday in Relay 2 at 10:00 AM, so if you're out there look for me.  My bright green range cart is hard to miss!  I'll also be shooting on Sunday in the EIC match, though I don't yet know which relay.

"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step � in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come � is to teach men to shoot." -Theodore Roosevelt

jmdavis

I had planned to be there. But it turns out I actually did break my finger at the Creedmoor Cup. So, no rifle for me for the next few weeks.

Luckily, I shoot pistol with one hand on my hind legs like a civilized man, so I can still shoot bullseye.

Good Luck.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Agrivere

Will you be there for the pistol matches, Mike?  If so, I'll find you after my Garand relay is done!
"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step � in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come � is to teach men to shoot." -Theodore Roosevelt

Maximum Ordinate

I'd love to attend, but I'll be at the Young Marine shoot outside of Huntsville.

Maybe 4merUSMC1803 or others in the Lawley clan will be there?   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

jmdavis

I couldn't justify the 600+ miles for two 30 shot pistol matches. I hope to shoot a 2700 instead, locally, unless there are problems at work. I'm still hoping for a trip down to Talledega this year for a rifle match. With the finger broken, I will miss two EIC's I had planned to shoot before Perry, so I want to use them up after Perry.  I will keep you in the loop.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Pop Revere

I know this post is a bit late, forgive me.
I was at the CMP on Sat. the 6th. Not as a shooter, but doing some 7 stepping and passing out promo material. Had to work 2nd shift that day so I left about 1:00. Agrivere it was a pleasure meeting you. I hope you did well in the match. :---   I was happy to see several shooters with Appleseed shirts on. Thank You to all of you for helping promote OUR program.
While I was down on the line I made a point to watch all of the Appleseed shooters while they were shooting. I did this so I could watch their targets on the overhead screens and compare their shots to others. I have to admit, and this is not a suck-up, but all of you did very well compared to some of the other shooters I saw. Not only did you dance the rifleman's dance but your discipline on the line was outstanding. Your safe handling of your rifles and following of line commands was not only noticed by me but also the CMP LSO's. I know this, because a few of them had commented about it. I hope all of you did well in the match. I hope to shoot one of these in the future.
Maybe we should put together a Appleseed shooting team  :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- and compete in some of these matches. Any takers?

In Liberty,
AR-Mike
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022

TomM1Thumb

Is anyone going to be seventh stepping for When the first appleseed will be set up, at this Range?
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: TomM1Thumb on July 01, 2015, 12:52:47 AM
Is anyone going to be seventh stepping for When the first appleseed will be set up, at this Range?

Yes.   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

navybowhunter

I'm in for the Appleseed shooting team idea. 

I try to promote it as well, at least when I was at Camp Butner.  Not surprisingly, some of the CMP staff/volunteers are also Appleseed instructors as well.  The guy running the pits in Butner is a SB from CA.

Scott/Aggrivere is correct, his cart is not hard to find at all on the line.

See ya'll in Perry if anyone is attending.  I'll be up there the week of the 13th.

R/
Chris

Agrivere

It was great to meet you as well, ARMike, and I can tell you I saw a lot of people looking over the Appleseed materials over the weekend, and I spoke to quite a few about Appleseed.

Sadly my scores did not turn out as I had hoped that weekend. I had some issues (fixed now) with my Garand sights not wanting to stay where I put them, which was not real good for my score. The EIC match was not a train wreck, but I shot well below what I should be shooting and ended up just a bit outside the cutoff for leg points at that match.

I would certainly love to see an Appleseed shooting team! I haven't made a final decision yet on Camp Perry but if I can make it up perhaps Chris and I can kick that off in the Hearst doubles match!

navybowhunter

Agrivere (Scott) and I just chatted. WHY he is not wearing a RED hat I have no clue.  Must be a personal decision.

BUT, we will TEAM up for the Hearst and Vintage Sniper matches.

I'll also be carrying an Orange Hat with me for him..., if he asks me nicely?  Can he? 

Regardless, I'm all about a Project Appleseed shooting team for these gigs.  Lets discuss that.

Thoughts?

Scott, I can't "Will" or "Want" you into taking a hat.  It is a personal choice that you yourself must make.  I personally know you, and I know you "KNOW" exactly what your about in that aspect. 

Appleseed, is about much more than "shooting", and I need you to understand that.  I think you do.

HUZZAH to and FOR a Project Appleseed NRA/CMP shooting team! 

If ya'll ever see my shooting coat, it SPORTS the APPLESEED colors!

R/
Chris