News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI May 30-31, 2015

Started by Laredo, June 01, 2015, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laredo

Wow, what a weekend.  We had an incredible group of shooters that turned one of the most challenging weekends (due to weather) into one of the most rewarding!!!

We had around 31 people show up Saturday morning despite the dismal weather forecasts.  The reason I said "around 31" is that page 1 of the 3 page check in sheet blew away in one of our many gusts!  LOL   Mother nature was having some fun. 

We got through as much as we could despite losing quite a few shooters throughout the day.  But those that hung in there (20+) were treated to a great wrap up down the road in the clubhouse.  The instructors did a fantastic job telling the history and it led to some great discussion among the students and instructors.  What a treat!  I love it when perseverance leads to a jewel! 

Sunday:  We had 29 students show up eager and ready to learn.  Mother nature rewarded us for sticking it out Saturday.  It was sunny, manageable wind, and warm.

We had a lot of time to make up, and we did it...  Lunch came with some more history and KD and another very interactive discussion with the students.  What a day! 

We had 3 people earn the coveted Rifleman patch.  Chris with a 219 (with a bolt action), Tim with a 219 (with a bolt action), and Dwayne with at a solid 235.. which I believe he repeated later in the day. 

I really enjoyed all the shooters.  I sure hope I get to see you all again on the trail.  It was also great to see some returning students. 

To all the instructors, Thank you!  You all rocked it.  I had so many compliments regarding you all.  Keep up the good work.

I didn't get as many pictures as I normally do during an event.  I will get a couple posted later tonight.  If any of my fellow instructors have some, please post em up!

One last thanks to the group of SB's that I have been learning from and copying.  A hearty hand shake and hug goes out to TriggerNick, DrRichP, EndPoint, Janir and Beck. 
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Sis

What a wonderful weekend.  Congratulations to Laredo for earning Shoot Boss status!  The weather was a challenge, but the shooters were amazing.
"If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten."
― Rudyard Kipling, The Collected Works

"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. "
― Michael Crichton

Trig

a GREAT weekend indeed!   29 came back on Sunday after being punished by the elements ALL DAY Saturday.   I was impressed by the improvements in marksmanship of all.   While there were some frustrating gear and weather issues, people perservered and trucked onward.  Remember, this is the begining of your journey to becoming RIFLEMEN (and WOMEN  :cool2:), our spirit of never giving up is what makes us unique as AMERICANS!  I hope to cross paths with you again!

See you on the trail    :---

More pics coming!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Trig

IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Trig

IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Kiwimonster

What a weekend! Despite the weather on Saturday, not a complaint in the group. My wife and our buddy had so much fun, they were asking when the next Appleseed we could attend was. True Americans, one and all! Congratulations to Laredo on earning Shoot Boss. I had the best time. Everyone was eager to learn. The thing which impacted me most was when the day was over on Saturday, we asked everyone to join us in the clubhouse for the three strikes. Despite being wet and cold, everyone stopped by. They listened intently.  It was as important to them to learn history, as it was to learn marksmanship. To all of the shooters last weekend, I shout 3 Hoozha's!
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd
Apr. 18-19 2015  Rifleman
July 11-12 2015 KD Rifleman

Trig

still missing some rifleman pix.... I didnt take em, so please post if you have pix
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Xsubi

Despite the rain, it was a good AS.

Xsubi! 
-------------------------------------------------------
Apple Seed Journey -
AS1 - Bristol, WI (AQT 207 w/o sling)
AS2 - Racine, WI (called into work)
AS3 - Racine, WI (7/5/14, Rifleman D2)

Laredo

After a great weekend, the instructor crew took aim at a pizza the size of Cincinnati.  This was all that was left.

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen