News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2015 30 & 31 May, Wilmington, OH

Started by DGMilty, June 01, 2015, 07:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

Hi, gang!ks to

What a pleasure to see another SOLD OUT event in Wilmington! 

Short and sweet until I get some more time, but please feel free to post comments and pictures.

Thanks to everyone who attended and especially the two young men who stuck with it all weekend!

a BIG thank you to DirtDawg for help setting things up, and to the CCFSA for the use of your range again!

One new RIFLEMAN this weekend, a 212 and a 210 on the AQT.  Congrats, Chris.  (glad you wrote on the AQT which was your first or you would have gotten a big surprise)

DGMilty
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Del

We had a great group of shooters this weekend. Everyone was eager to learn both marksmanship and heritage. Although we only had one new rifleman, congrats Chis, we had lots of improvement across the board. I'd like to especially recognize Donovan and Benjamin, our youth shooters, for coming out both days and giving it all they had.
Rebecca, thanks for coming out and bringing Michael. I love seeing new shooters (of any age) enjoying themselves. I look forward to seeing you at another event soon.
Sue I enjoyed having you out as well hopefully next time we can get you comfortable enough with your own rifle to get you more trigger time. You were a good sport regardless and a pleasure to have on hand. Guy and Nelson, you guys showed real potential. Take what you learned and I'm sure we will be handing you a patch in no time! Hiroko you were rock solid with a borrowed rifle you had never used before. I was scratching my head late Sunday when you started to get frustrated until I cleaned the rifle that night and noticed the rear sight had come loose. My apologies, I should have caught that on the line.
Howard thanks for having us out and thanks for the positive attitude even with your equipment issues.
Tony, I was sorry to see you leave early on Sunday. You were making real progress and I think you will be there before you know it. Hope you get to feeling better soon and come see us again.   

Del

And some pics

Del

Del

Del

And a few more...

huckleberry8

Mike and I surely did have a blast working , yes, working AND playing at your grrrreat Appleseed! i am telling everyone who will listen. and took my t shirt around the first day back. plan on carrying it later on too.oh, and he really got intense when we got home, laid all the targets in a line on the living room floor and studied them. That scope he borrowed did the trick!
my employer said he might know a couple gals who may want to come to one if it is as close as marion, oh. hope that sells out too! go Appleseed!
you trainers sacrificed untold personal hours!!! I REAlly  appreciate this!
gratefully, rebecca

Corvette

Rebecca,

I will be the shoot boss for our shoot this fall in Marion. I would love to have you and your friends join us there. Once you all sign up, if you have any questions or equipment needs please PM me here or email at srb@teamsol.com.

Look forward to meeting you at Marion.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

huckleberry8