News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames was a big success

Started by Twineagles, June 01, 2015, 02:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

We had our first "big" shoot in IA in a long time last weekend. We had 27 students on the line. This was my baptism by fire to run a big shoot. I had 3 of the IITs that attended our spring IBC on their home range Cort, Shannon and Steve. Thanks to the excellant IBC we had last spring (Aftermath and Buzz G came down to run) they gave some great presentations. Josh took on IMC, and had the shooters engaged. Festus was there to do the safe rifle dance besides 1-1 instruction with the shooters..

It was awesome and I agree that in the end it was easier than a 7-15 shooter event. I think the whole crew seemed more energized and engaged. When you only have limited time with each shooter that time seems more effective.

Also we had a shooter who had attended an Appleseed before in VA. When asked which one was better he thought the one in IA because it was more fun. He said it showed, the crew were enjoying what they were doing.

Mike 
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne