News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames IA May 30-31

Started by Twineagles, June 01, 2015, 09:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

Great turnout 27 shooters on Sat and 21 on Sunday. The weather cooperated, we had sunshine. We had a determined bunch with 3 rifleman patches handed out and a shiny new orange hat.

Great group of folks they came with the positive attitude to improve their skills. There were quite a few other shooters hovering in the 180-190 range by Sunday afternoon. If we had more time, and ammo, there would of been more patches handed out. The crew is proud of one young man who cleared his last Redcoat which shows he applied what he learned this weekend.

Ames Izaak Walton league has a great facility, and they are supportive of our program too.

Photos will be coming.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

SoapCreeker

Great weather, great range, great attitudes, great improvement in shooting....great weekend for Appleseed!!!!  O0
"Ultimately, the most important skill for the patriot is marksmanship"

Maximum Ordinate

That looks like a great range.  I miss living in Des Moines!   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Ames

Yep, that range is a gem.  It's produced many rifleman in recent years.  We are blessed to have it.