News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA - May 30-31, 2015

Started by Camljr, June 01, 2015, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

A beautiful sunny day in SoCAl, as 10 fine Americans came out to this event.

Best of all, all first time Appleseeders, except, Jeff, and Kurt a previous attendee and Rifleman,
and an alumni of December's "Piru Mud Bowl" of 2012.    :-\

I was surprized, that with so many new folks in attendance, they were pretty squared away with their equipment, And they learned very quickly, as the groups shrank in size right away...

Thanks to the instructors Rocdale & F-stop, telling the first 2 strikes, and myself wrapping it up with the third strike, lunchtime was both relaxing and informative. Hopefully, it was inspiring to some of the Attendees, as that is the goal!   ~~:)

Saturday afternoon, Piru showed it's true colors, with the wind kicking up a bit, but it did not dampen any spirits, and end of the day redcoats showed much improvement.

We ended the day with a Rifleman score, Kurt (KmKahuna) with a 217. We emphasized the need to get involved, teach other what they had learned, and share the history and never let it die!   &)

Sunday morning, we saw 9 returning, sore people on the line... I hope it was a good kinda sore...   >:D

Reviewed some instruction on squares, and got right after the AQT's by 10am.
Had a few dirty rifle malfs and one scope fell clean off the rifle, but every one was learning and putting it to good use, working out the kinks.... some did better than others, nut everyone learned a lot that they didn't know before... not only about shooting but about themselves, trying to control frustrations, Etc...

End of the day Sunday showed good improvement, with Phil, Jerrod, and Melanie qualifying as Marksman... Melanie had only shot a rifle once before today. (no bad habits to break) O0

Jack and ED qualified as Sharpshooter, and Jeff shot a 209 (as close as you can get), but did not want to take a 30 cal rule, he wanted to earn it!!!  Kurt backed up his rifleman score twice more, and Steve shot a 210 to make Rifleman!!!  :~

All in all,a  great weekendw ith some great folks. I met some Genuinely nice people...

Please, others post your thoughts, experiences, we would love to hear from the attendees!

PIctures are forthcoming because........

:pics:

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

:pics:
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

:)
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

:)
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

::)
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

kmkahuna

What a great weekend! Thanks to Cameron, and all the red hats! A special shout out to Dan who really made the difference for me this weekend coaching me during the NPOA drills, and gently reminding me to GET THAT ELBOW UNDERNEATH THE RIFLE!  :DH:
Here is my Photobucket album of the pictures I took that weekend, and I'll add the pictures that everyone loads up here on the AAR thread.
Thanks again, looking forward to Rainbow, the orange hat, and continuing to refine my skills.
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/kmkahuna/library/Appleseed%20Piru%20May15

Oh, and if anyone is interested in the legendary "Piru Mud Bowl 2012.... Here are the pictures...  O0
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/kmkahuna/library/Piru%20Mudbowl%202012

Oh yeah....it was like that...

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803

Pb-J

As usual, the Appleseed, volunteer instruction team deserve a big helping of gratitude for their patience, time and effort to bring new Riflemen into the community.  It was indeed a good weekend.
I will persist and will make sure that my Subday, best AQT (a 209) is a short page in my story to becoming a rifleman.  Thanks again for trainees and staff for the encouragement.

twobeagles

Well another fantastic Piru Appleseed has come and gone. What an awesome weekend it was.
The weather was perfect and the Piru wind wasn't that bad.
We had mostly new folks to Appleseed, and they picked up and applied the instruction quickly.
Congratulations to the new Rifleman and we look forward to your assistance in the future.
Kate, our lone female on the line, came out and left the family at home. She said she is coming back with them next time!!! Yeah, there will be a next time. Kate you did great.
Chris and I enjoyed spending the weekend with all of you and can't wait to see you again. Ronnie