News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monroeville, PA 5/23 - 5/24, Pitcairn/Monroeville Sportsmen's Club

Started by Invictus Maneo, May 27, 2015, 07:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

First off, A BIG THANKS to PMSC for hosting for the second year. Great facilities.

Great weather, great Patriotic Americans but most notable was the outstanding young people. Connor, Luke, Jimmy, Olivia and Sophia were absolutely amazing. I can not recall working a shoot with so many teenagers that all had teachable attitudes, manners and dedication.

Yes the adults also were fun to work with as they also had teachable attitudes. Much improvement over the course of the weekend.  Hope they all come back for more.

A note of thanks is in order for Ed volunteering to take up a Blue Hat and help with the shoot. Many hands make the work easier.

Tom requalified with his ever consistent shooting as well as clearing a Redcoat. Glock1911 easily earned his promotion to IIT4 like he was born to instruct.

Please add pictures if available.
Thanks,
Lee
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

eagle223usa

Thank you to the instructors for spending their entire Memorial Day weekend to hold this event for us.  Huzzah Gentlemen!
Rifleman, 10/11/14.

Charles McKinley

Another great weekend at PMSC!  Thank to the club for hosting us and the great group of students that came out.

A big HUZZAH to connor that went from being off paper after moving his scope forward Saturday night to being one shot away on the 300 from cleaning the Red Coat!

I look forward to seeing you all again.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

reedsmit

Speaking as a Dad to a couple of those teenagers, I would like to thank Lee for his kind words.  Good teachers help make/shape good students, and all of the guys who ran this shoot were first-rate.  I cannot begin to express how much I admire all of the volunteers who give so freely of their time, their knowledge and their experience.  It is invigorating to spend time with so many like-minded people -- both students and instructors. 

Finally, the PMSC is a terrific facility in a great location.