News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Peterborough, May 16/17

Started by Kahuna, May 21, 2015, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kahuna

Hi,

I just wanted to give a huge shout out and thank you to Austin, Andy and Joe for all their time an effort over the weekend. I think the whole group learnt a lot, I know I certainly did.

I will definitely be back.

Thanks again,
Dan

johnnyk

I second that!  Not only did I enjoy the heck out of my weekend, I also learned to shoot.  This Appleseed was my first time handling a rifle (except for the 40 rounds I fired earlier in the week to attempt to zero the rifle before the shoot). 

I started the day "unqualified" to shoot my rifle.  I was unslung and focusing on the target.  741 rounds later, I was shooting my best AQTs at the end of the weekend.  I'm a numbers guy, so I went through my AQTs and self-scored them and charted my progress:

I'm sure there's learning curve, so those higher scores will come harder than the lower ones.  But if the instruction stays stellar, I predict I will make the score on my 8th attempt at my next Appleseed!  :cool2:

Thanks a lot guys, especially Austin for all the great individual attention and pointers.  (And to the guy who found my invisible ear protection out in the range!)

John

Blue 2

I learned a ton myself.  The quality of instruction was just great.  I received good feedback from every single instructor, including our stealth instructor Bob. 

I'm glad to have finally shot the score on Day 2.  I almost cleared that last Redcoat too.

Blue 2

Poking around the forum here I found these great practice targets.  Check out Post #4 for some short range (10', 12', and 5-10 yard) scaled targets.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9833.0

johnnyk

pc299

I had a blast as well... Looking forward to the next one