News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX May 16, 2015

Started by scuzzy, May 21, 2015, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Another good event at Waco. We had 11 shooters show up for the one day event.

For instructors it was me and Gunner. We also had out a new OrangeHat - Paul.Rome.

And a good group it was. Although it was a one day event we were able to get in two AQTs and produce two riflemen.

The day started out a bit slow since we were helping out a young shooter, Conner, and getting him up to speed. We finally put him on sandbags since the rifle was a bit big for him. His dad Darrell progressed nicely too thoughout the day. Once he got a good zero he was shooting like a champ.

Margaret and her son Chris came out again. I had met them last month. This time they bought dad out. John hadn't shot in awhile in was getting back into the game. Chris has improved by leaps and bounds compared to when he was out last time. Actually he had improved big time the first time he was out. Margaret is starting to get into the swing of things too. John - well he's a shooter. He started out well and improved quite a bit by days end.

Russ and Cheryl were out. Cheryl was having lots of rifle problems but kept at it. She has a good attitude though and was cheerful throughout. Her husband, Russ, was good to begin with. He paid attention and followed all the steps. And shot Rifleman.

We also had out David who had driven down from Oklahoma. I could tell right from the beginning we'd have a rifleman there. And he didn't disappoint. He's going to take an Orange Hat and work with the Oklahoma crew. Turns out he already knows henchsman. Hey Dan - I told him to give you and Mr. Collins my regards.

Another husband and wife team, Richard and Lydia, were out too. The morning started out with Richard talking about a brand new M1A he'd bought but was having problems with. Turns out we had some M1a experts. Before the shoot started we were able to get him squared away. Both him and his wife did well too.

Anyhow we had buku fun. And although it was cloudy there was no rain. That's the first time in months for our events there. Actually the first time I haven't seen it rain in about two weeks. Man - it's like Texas is in a monsoon right now.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.