News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jackson, TN, May 16-17, 2015

Started by dond, May 19, 2015, 10:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Wow! This was the most enjoyable and most important AS of my career. It was a private shoot for the Constitutional Small Prayer Group of St. Mary's Catholic Church, which is a huge church. The event was prompted by a presentation by Rusty to a group in Birmingham last year. Two of the lady shooters were present to hear that presentation and were so enthused by what they heard that their fervor spread among those in the prayer group. And that resulted in this fantastic event held in an area which was totally new to us.

The organizer of the event hosted all the shooters and instructors for supper at his home Friday evening where many interesting conversations were held. And another family supplied lunch for all attendees on Saturday and Sunday.

I have never seen such a group so enthused about liberty and about Appleseed. And half of the group were ladies. The instructors were invited to Mass and to a delicious breakfast following Mass. Several members of the group wore their new Appleseed shirts to Mass, which generated much more sincere interest in Appleseed among the congregation. And we were also informed of a possible new venue nearby for us in the future.

There were about 20 shooters and they were enthralled by the history, making comments and asking several questions. The host presented his own Dangerous Old Men story by telling of his ancestor who had donated a considerable amount to the cause and was very closely associated with the Marquis de Lafayette. The group was equally interested in the shooting. Many did extremely well. Some were placing all their bullets into the one inch squares. One Rifleman was made and a score of 192 was achieved by a young lady. Some want to become instructors so they can run future events themselves.

This group is anxious for an additional Appleseed and they have engendered enough interest in other church members that another filled line could be assured. In addition, after they make their report to the gun club, it is a practical certainty that the club will want additional Appleseeds.

This was an incredible event and it was filled with such wonderful people. And they were so appreciative of all the instructors. I can't wait to hold additional events at this location. I am also anxiously awaiting pictures of the event to show these wonderful people to the Appleseed world.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

BluegrassColonel

I hope I am not posting multiple times.  I have attempted to post twice previously.  It may be the file size of the attachments.

I concur with DonD.  The event was fantastic.

Every shooter was as dedicated to the cause of Liberty and learning the marksmanship skills as any other shooter I have encountered at any previous event.  There were a few first-time shooters (meaning having never previously touched a firearm) and they were just as enthusiastic as the individuals with more experience - and they did very well.

The camaraderie and morale among the group - and they welcomed the instructors as members of their group from the first - was inspiring.  Project Appleseed would do well to have every one of them as Instructors.
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BluegrassColonel

Photo
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BluegrassColonel

Photo 2

BluegrassColonel

Photo 3

BluegrassColonel