News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Byers, CO 05/16 - 05/17 2015

Started by Massasauga, May 19, 2015, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massasauga

In the couple weeks leading up to the shoot it seemed we were going to be in for a muddy weekend (complete with a washed out road). Thankfully the weather finally cooperated and we had a fantastic weekend!

The whole group had a great teachable attitude and had a chance to try their hand at shooting at distance. They also had quite the skill at hitting the Murphy square on the red coats and I'm pretty sure it was the most hits I've witnessed at an Appleseed  :cool2:

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.

- Patrick Henry

Massasauga

Some photos of the shoot!
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.

- Patrick Henry

COJeepGirl

Instructing KD
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

COJeepGirl

Blue sky and gunsmoke, morning Pledge, all around awesomeness
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

COJeepGirl

Appleseed Love

COJeepGirl

Prone to Knit

Kudos to this crack team of instructors. An attendee wrote of his experience at this event:

Greetings,

J.D. and I just completed an "Appleseed" event (see link).

www.appleseedinfo.org

I could make this a very long e-mail about the good things that you will learn from one of these events, but I will keep it to the basics.  Let's begin with the price... $60 for two days of intensive training by excellent and helpful instructors.  You will be given the fundamentals of shooting, as well as an excellent history lesson from people who really care about marksmanship and our nation's heritage.  Let me say that you would easily pay $200 per day for this level of instruction if you were to go to one of the "name brand" firearms academies.  On top of that, you would have to pay for lodging and expenses... Appleseed is more than a bargain when you consider that there will be many events on many upcoming dates throughout the states of Colorado, Wyoming and neighboring.

In addition, it is fun, safe and well organized.  The safety factor is very high, and the fun factor even higher.  But, the key here is to understand that your level of rifle competency will dramatically improve.  Your understanding of the basics and why they are important will translate into real life results, whether it is target shooting, hunting or other.  In addition, you will learn some of the true stories associated with the Revolutionary War, and of the character and resolve the people of that time had towards liberty and freedom.

So, I am saying that you SHOULD attend an Appleseed if you have the chance.  Nearly everyone has asked me about additional training, and now I have moved Appleseed to the top of my list.  For your benefit, do it.  If you have kids or grandkids or neighbor kids... take them, do it.  Bottom line... DO IT.

Thanks,
LjG
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org