News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mora, MN 5/16-17/2015

Started by Taylor, May 19, 2015, 01:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Thank you Kanabec Conservation Club for once again being a great Project Appleseed host.  :bow:

Although we were small in numbers at this event we had a truckload of teachable attitude on the line from our two enthusiastic students Phil and Jon.  O0

Although neither was able to score Rifleman at this their first Appleseed, I am confident that each will earn their patch in the not too distant future.  :---

We managed to dodge the storm clouds Saturday but they caught up with us on Sunday. We were able to move the line under cover and minimize exposure to the rain although wind bursts did cause us  to make target line repairs several times.

Thanks for all you did and congratulations to my fellow instructors Uncle Jim and Green Machine who both started the weekend with Blue Hats which they traded in for Orange Hats on Sunday! Thank you for stepping up once again guys!  :bow:

Thank you AFTERMATH for coming out on one of your too infrequent days off Sunday afternoon.  O0

Pictures follow...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

One more batch of pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Green Machine

Thanks Jon and Phil for coming out, I enjoyed meeting both of you.  Come back soon, I know you both can make Rifleman!  I learned a lot this weekend and look to apply it to the next shoot.  I thought we were going to need to zip-tie the target backers to the frame.   ;D

blackvenom

What an awesome experience!  My shooting has gotten better, so thank you all for your encouragement and perseverance.  I can't wait to use the targets and hone the skills you all taught Jon and me. 

Taylor

Quote from: blackvenom on May 20, 2015, 12:47:37 AM
What an awesome experience!  My shooting has gotten better, so thank you all for your encouragement and perseverance.  I can't wait to use the targets and hone the skills you all taught Jon and me.

O0

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison